• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot change email password

BradlyMathews

New Pleskian
I need this fixed right away as a spammer seems to have hijacked my account.

When I change an email password it is not taking. When logging into email the old password still works and the new one does not.

I have tried the suggestion in this link http://kb.parallels.com/en/6071. I then logged out, cleared cache, restarted browser and logged back in to reset password. That did not work either.

I am using Plesk 9.0.1 on Windows Server Web 2008 SP2. I am using the Preferences option within the mail account to change the password. I also tried changing the password from Horde, but it gives me an Incorrect Password error.

Is there another way to change the password if this cannot be fixed?

- Brad

Can you please let me knows the mail server and it's version that you are using? Also did you try to manage the account settings from the mail server admin panel or just from plesk interface?

It got to the point that I could not login even with the old password! Do not know what happened there.

I upgraded to 9.5.5 and I still can't change the password. However, I can change the password on a newly created account. So I had to delete the old one and make a new one and hope I did not miss any important emails!

InderS: I do not know what email server I am using and do not know how to find out. I was attempting to change the password from Plesk.

Back