• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot connect to MS SQL Database

M

Mark Colgan

I installed MS SQL SERVER 2005 on to my go daddy dedicated server using remote desktop. It appears that the software installed everything ok but when I try to create a database I get the following error "Error: Connection to the database server has failed because of network problems:" It appears that Plesk does not recognise the sa password that was created automatically on installation. I have been told that I need to change the sa password via the command prompt in remote desktop to what Plesk thinks it is. I have found out what Plesk thinks it is from the error logs. But when I try to use the command pronpt (osql -U sa) it tells me it is not a null password and refuses to let me in. Now it appears that I need to know the current password to change it. Since it was created automatically by the installation process I don't know what it is. Now I have no idea what to do. Can somebody help me please?

Back