• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Cannot connect to SSH

igork1

Basic Pleskian
I urgently need your advice. I'm recovering my VPS after the fault in OVH data centre. I'm doubt that they will reply quickly now.

I've got a new VPS with preinstalled Debian 10.7 + Plesk Obsidian 18 from OVH. In their email I get "debian" login and password. Also "root" login and password for Plesk.

I cannot connect to SSH in Terminal on Mac or in Putty. It's always "Access denied".

I tried to reinstall VPS with only Debian 10 - the same problem.

In Plesk I can allow to user access SSH and it works fine (with limited access).

Earlier I had no problem with SSH as root.

This almost certainly isn't a Plesk issue. It sounds like an issue with OVH's provisioning.

I wouldn't count on OVH giving you much attention after the fire for a few weeks. Might be time to look at another provider, or debug yourself.

I finally solved this issue.

I tried to reinstall VPS several times in OVH panel. Still couldn't login to SSH using "debian" login and password from OVH email. They send a new email after a new reinstallation.

I decided to try reboot VPS in rescue mode. I received a temporary "root" login in a new email and now I cold login in SSH. I reset the root password. But after rebooting I couldn't login as root yet. Then I tried to login using "debian" login from previous email and now it worked fine. And I could elevate rights to root using "sudo su".

So something strange in OVH VPS image.

Back