• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Cannot connect to SSH

igork1

Basic Pleskian
I urgently need your advice. I'm recovering my VPS after the fault in OVH data centre. I'm doubt that they will reply quickly now.

I've got a new VPS with preinstalled Debian 10.7 + Plesk Obsidian 18 from OVH. In their email I get "debian" login and password. Also "root" login and password for Plesk.

I cannot connect to SSH in Terminal on Mac or in Putty. It's always "Access denied".

I tried to reinstall VPS with only Debian 10 - the same problem.

In Plesk I can allow to user access SSH and it works fine (with limited access).

Earlier I had no problem with SSH as root.

This almost certainly isn't a Plesk issue. It sounds like an issue with OVH's provisioning.

I wouldn't count on OVH giving you much attention after the fire for a few weeks. Might be time to look at another provider, or debug yourself.

I finally solved this issue.

I tried to reinstall VPS several times in OVH panel. Still couldn't login to SSH using "debian" login and password from OVH email. They send a new email after a new reinstallation.

I decided to try reboot VPS in rescue mode. I received a temporary "root" login in a new email and now I cold login in SSH. I reset the root password. But after rebooting I couldn't login as root yet. Then I tried to login using "debian" login from previous email and now it worked fine. And I could elevate rights to root using "sudo su".

So something strange in OVH VPS image.

Back