1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot enable WWW from Domain Administrator

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by ProWebS, Jan 27, 2012.

1. ProWebS

ProWebS Regular Pleskian

57%
    Hello,

I face something stranger,

one of my clients did add a domain in his plesk 9.5.x account but forgot to click WWW in the creation process.

I knew that this was no problem since you can go at "Domain Administrator Access" and click on WWW
    but in this case the box next to WWW is faded...

Any idea why is that happening ? and what can I do to enable WWW (in a way to avoid erasing and setup again the whole domain).

thank you.

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Make sure that the domain administrator account has "DNS zone management" permission. It is required to be able to manage "www" prefix and DNS settings. See the domain administrator's account permissions on the "Domains->domain.tld->Domain Administrator" page in Plesk CP.

3. ProWebS

ProWebS Regular Pleskian

57%
    I did check that, DNS zone management is enabled.
    Still now change.
    Why would that happen ?

Also why it should be checked inside domain admin since I'm logged as admin ?