• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Cannot install WordPress, $dbServerId is null

Wade

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
When I click the "Install" button in the WordPress section of the Plesk dashboard, it does bring up a dialog (of sorts) for the settings to "Install Wordpress", but it also shows a pop-up with the error:

Internal Server Error: PleskExt\WpToolkit\Helper\Db::makeUniqueDbName(): Argument #1 ($dbServerId) must be of type int, null given, called in /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/wp-toolkit/library/Helper/Install/PleskInstallTargetDatabase.php on line 144
Running `plesk repair all` doesn't help (it finds no issues).

Removing the WP Toolkit extension and reinstalling it doesn't help.

It seems we have not yet seen this issue. When neither a reinstallation, nor repair help, an investigation on your server is required. Please submit a support ticket.

To sign-in to support please go to https://support.plesk.com

If you experience login issues, please see this KB article:
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...rt-plesk-com-and-password-reset-does-not-work

If you bought your license from a reseller, your reseller should provide support for you. If the reseller does not provide support, here is an alternative:
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12388090147095-How-to-get-support-directly-from-Plesk-

And in the meanwhile, perhaps you can share the output?
Code:
plesk db "select id,host,type,port,last_error,fork from DatabaseServers \G"

And in the meanwhile, perhaps you can share the output?
Code:
plesk db "select id,host,type,port,last_error,fork from DatabaseServers \G"
Code:
mysql: Deprecated program name. It will be removed in a future release, use '/usr/bin/mariadb' instead
*************************** 1. row ***************************
        id: 1
      host: localhost
      type: mysql
      port: 3306
last_error: no_error
      fork: mariadb

Thanks. Thought there might be an inconsistency, but table looks well.
At this point, you can follow the earlier given suggestion and request support as dedicated investigation is required.

Apparently I don't get any support, as the web form for it requires some kind of license key of a different format to mine.

So I guess I'll try reinstalling Plesk, which apparently means reinstalling the entire VPS image.

@Wade That's why I suggested:
Right, but this is for an unmanaged VPS, and this is pretty clearly a Plesk bug, so I don't see any point bothering an unrelated 3rd party (my VPS provider).

Tedious as it was, reinstalling the whole OS and doing the exact same installation steps again seems to have - this time - resulted in a working Plesk install.

Thank you for your feedback. I understand that after a fresh installation, Plesk is working as expected.

Back