• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot Log Into Webmail

My session autostart is set to 0.

When running the test.php in horde I am getting these errors:

Trying protocol imap/notls, Port 143:
ERROR - The server returned the following error message:
Connection failed to mail.mydomian.com,143: Connection refused
Trying protocol imap/ssl, Port 993:
Can't connect to mail.mydomian.com,993: Connection refused
Trying protocol imap/ssl/novalidate-cert, Port 993:
Can't connect to mail.mydomian.com,993: Connection refused
Trying protocol imap/tls/novalidate-cert, Port 143:
Connection failed to mail.mydomian.com,143: Connection refused

It appears as if you are having problems with php talking to IMAP.

You did say you could connect to it via telnet?

Are you using localhost for the server and 143 for the port?

Do you have a firewal on that machine blocking the ports?

same problem

Im having a similar problem and Ive checked out some of the fixes on here and have had no luck.

I cant login to Webmail and when I try to access the account via Thunderbird or outlook POP gives and authorization error and IMAP times out. SMTP works GREAT.

I can send emails fine, but I don't know that I'm receiving because when i send emails to the account they don't bounce back. aside from that I checked php.ini and session.autostart = 0.

something else that may be related is that when I tried to change the whitelist from 127.0.0.0 / 8 to 127.0.0.0 / 32 or 127.0.0.0 / 30 or anything else besides the current, it says its an invalid pair. I'm pretty confusled.

Originally posted by xplatform12
It appears as if you are having problems with php talking to IMAP.

You did say you could connect to it via telnet?

Are you using localhost for the server and 143 for the port?

Do you have a firewal on that machine blocking the ports?

Imap is not being blocked in my firewall. I have localhost in servers.php - also tried my main ip instead of localhost to no avail.

If imap is working on port 143 and you have verified that by setting up outlook express or some imap client to check the account remotely, imap is most likely working.

If that is the case, then the problem must be with horde. Horde is written in .php, so it myst be a problem with php communicating with imap.

look in /etc to see if you have any backup php.ini files:

ls -al /etc/php.ini*

If you do, you might want to backup php.ini and copy the oldest version of php.ini you have to php.ini and restart httpd. The oldest version of php.ini most likely is default and is least restrictive.

Try to log in again. If it works, then you will need to compare the new php.ini with the one that didn't work. You should then be able to determine what option is not allow you to login. If it doesn't work, I am out of ideas....

Originally posted by xplatform12
If imap is working on port 143 and you have verified that by setting up outlook express or some imap client to check the account remotely, imap is most likely working.

No Imap and no webmail. Only Pop3/Smtp work.

This may be a silly question, but is imap installed on that server?

Is it a standalone Plesk server, or is Plesk installed on a Virtuozzo machine?

My setup is on a CentOS 4 virtuozzo machine. If I run: "rpm -qa | grep imap" I see the following is installed:

php-imap-4.3.9-3.18.1.swsoft
courier-imap-3.0.8-centos4.2.build81061129.22
imap-devel-2004e-1.as4.swsoft
imap-utils-2004e-1.as4.swsoft
psa-courier-imap-add-8.1.0-centos4.2.build81061129.22

This is what I get:

courier-imap-3.0.8-centos4.2.build81061129.22
php-imap-4.3.9-3.22
psa-courier-imap-add-8.1.0-centos4.2.build81061129.22

I have an (mt) dv account.

It sounds like IMAP is not running correctly on your server. IMAP was setup on my computer using application templates in VZ. I am not sure of exactly how it starts since there is an rc3 file and an xinetd file in its configuration.

check to make sure you have a file in rc3.d called S80courier-imap. The number may be different, but there should be something there to start impad

Also look in /etc/xinetd.d for courier-imapd

If you look in that file make sure disable =no

also look at /etc/courier-imap/imapd

I just skimmed through it and it looks like the settings I have that you should check are:

ADDRESS=0
PORT=143
IMAPDSTART=YES
MAILDIRPATH=Maildir
AUTHMODULES="authpsa"
MAILPASSWD="/var/qmail/users/poppasswd"

i have the same problem, at the begining i have used default configutation for horde, but after some time horde stoped working, sice then i use:
'server' => 'localhost'
'protocol' => 'imap/ssl/novalidate-cert'
'port' => '993'

and it was working for 2 months, until yesterdey :(

now i get redirect error
:confused:

If found all of my problems (like many with apache) were solved by dissabling SElinux by running setenforce 0 in the comand line.

Hope this helps someone.

My Horde webmail just hangs when i enter login credentials.. nothing loads after i click submit/login.

I have disabled SELinux and session.auto_start is set to "0"

Any advice?

I'm having the same problem as bdeli. When I submit username and password on horde homepage, nothing happens. I'm also hosting with media temple.

Tried all the options above, to no avail.

I just tried reinstalling my VPS in hopes that that would resolved the issue, but it did not.

I really don't want to have to pay SWSoft to troubleshoot, but am beginning to see no other option.

gtowle - open a support ticket with your host and tell them to re-install imap and pop3 services - this was the only way I managed to get webmail and imap working again.

I am having the same Problem PLESK is making me mad!

Does anyone have some insight on what the cause of this! I upgraded to 8.1.1 now I cant login to any mail. I cant access webmail but telnet to port 25 and 110 work.

However port 25 gives me the following error

502 unimplemented (#5.5.1)

Can someone please help me!

I got my issue resolved the other day (My issue was that when I tried to login to Webmail, nothing would happen, the username and password would simply disappear). This turned out to be a permissions problem on the /var/lib/php/session directory. On my server they need to be set at 770 (they were 755).

I have read through this entire forum up to this point, and checked everything that was mentioned. I have a default installation of 8.1.1 on ES4. It seems that in the end, I was missing the localhost entry in the /etc/hosts file and horde couldn't resolve that IP address. I changed that one item, and that fixed everything.

Same problem here.

we recently upgraded to 8.1.1 2 weeks ago.

Yesterday, at 9:51am EST it looks like our installation of horde just stopped working?

I have been trying all of the stuff on this thread but have had no luck.

the only error I'm seeing is:
[Sat Jun 02 19:48:25 2007] [notice] child pid 19564 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

thanks.

Back