• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Cannot login to newly created Plesk droplet on DigitalOcean

RaelB

New Pleskian
Hello,
I have created a Plesk (Ubuntu) Droplet on DigitalOcean. Here are the login details:

IP Address: 159.89.141.239
Username: root
Password: 1f5b09d01111bb4c0351ea9c12

I go to the IP address, and then enter the username and password from above. After I click on Login button, the page briefly goes to the url:
https://159.89.141.239/admin/setup,
However after 1 or 2 seconds it goes back to the initial login page. It does not give me a chance to enter the details there. I tried this a few times. Sometimes, it doesn't even go the the /admin/setup page. It just reloads the initial login page. (I have attached a video of this below)

I created a droplet about a month ago, that worked fine (i.e. did not have this problem), however I subsequently destroyed this droplet and then made a new droplet and then this problem occurred. I tried creating a number of droplets, and encounter the same problem each time.

I am using the Free version of Plesk that comes with a Digital Ocean droplet.

You can see short video of this problem here: https://bauerapps.com/dev/plesk_login_problem.mp4

Digital Ocean said they cannot reproduce the issue. Does anyone out there experience the same issue?

Hi,

I can login without problem BUT it is not very smart to post your login data here in the public...

Some "bad"-guys can install some maleware on your machine. So I suggest you to reinstall the hole machine even if your problem is solved!!!

Of course :). Thanks

Is it possible to make a short video, showing that it works for you?
(www.screenpresso.com is freeware...)

I've tried on 3 different computers and get the same problem in each case. So it does not seem to be related to my browser.

Please follow,

1. Create a new Droplet with Plesk.

2. Login to SSH as root with the password you received by email.

3. It will prompt you to change the password. Do it.

4. type #plesk login (instruction will be displayed anyway) - This will give you two URLs - one with the hostname other one with the IP address. If you haven't setup DNS to your hostname. Please use the URL with the IP address(Better option)

5. Enjoy Plesk

Back