• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot login to panel even though user / pw is correct (admin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

themaxx32000

New Pleskian
Hi,

unfortunately I cannot login to my plesk panel 11.5.x anymore.

I do have full access via ssh and can print the admin pw via

/usr/local/psa/bin/admin --show-password

but it still won't work. I tried different browsers too (Safari / Firefox / Chrome) and even changed the admin pw via

export PSA_PASSWORD='new_password'
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/ch_admin_passwd
unset PSA_PASSWORD

which does work according to /usr/local/psa/bin/admin --show-password but still won't allow me to log in.

I do have terminal access to mysql via

mysql -uadmin -p'cat /etc/psa/.psa.shado'

and also rebooted the machine a couple of times...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Max

Try to login with:

Username: root
Password: Your-Root-Password ..

Let me know if that works!

nope, this also doesn't work

EDIT:

I also tried changing the sql pw directly, changing the pw in /etc/psa/.psa.shadow and then re-run

export PSA_PASSWORD='new_password'
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/ch_admin_passwd
unset PSA_PASSWORD

result is the same. SQL access works after that through mysql -uadmin -p'cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow' and /usr/local/psa/bin/admin --show-password shows the new password. Still login through the web-panel does not work...

EDIT2:

Also, according to sql, psa.clients type and login are both "admin" not root.

Last edited:
which one?

EDIT: last reported error two days ago in /var/log/sw-cp-server/error.log

2014/01/20 09:57:54 [error] 2702#0: *1688 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 194.38.105.19, server: , request: "GET /dbs/index.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/sw-engine.sock:", host: "144.76.234.7:8443"

nothing more.

/var/log/sw-cp-server/sw-engine.log does not report any errors

EDIT2: checked apache, nginx and sql logs too and I cannot seem to find anything suspicious there...

Last edited:
getting closer:

#2 /opt/psa/admin/plib/auth.php(93): require_once('/opt/psa/admin/...')
#3 {main}
2014-01-22T13:33:57+01:00 ERR (3) [panel]: Unable to connect to database: saved admin password is incorrect.:
0: auth.php:142
[22-Jan-2014 13:33:57 Europe/Berlin] PleskFatalException: Unable to connect to database: saved admin password is incorrect.
file: /opt/psa/admin/plib/auth.php
line: 142
code: 0
trace: #0 {main}

The password in the file /etc/psa/.psa.shadow used to access the Plesk Panel database does not match your admin password. OR The old-passwords=1 option is enabled in /etc/my.cnf.

More on resolve this error here:

http://kb.parallels.com/en/112492

I can login with root / root-pw now (using FF, Safari does not work).

/etc/my.cnf does not exist.

When I tried to change the "admin" pw being logged in as root, I got no errors along with a "changed successful" message.

/usr/local/psa/bin/admin --show-password does show the new pw now (the one set through the panel when logged on as root with root pw).

"admin" login, however, still doesn't work..

I will need you to clear ALL cache and history on your Safari, then try again! It should work!
About the new admin password, does it still show the same errors in the panel logs when you enter the new admin logins?

Could have been an issue with the plesk sessions having jacked up the system and needed to be deleted from the system. This is supposed to be done automatically and is always done on a reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back