• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot publish

S

symone

hi we are getting this message when we try to publish...

Error: The site cannot be published to the specified location.
Cannot publish to the specified host via FTP. Authorization failed.

in trouble shooting it says to look at the Sites > the site name > Publishing Settings tab ....we dont have the Publishing Settings tab that we can see ???? any ideas ????

It looks like you do not have permissions to update/modify Publishing settings. As I understand you logged into Parallels Sitebuilder admin CP as site owner? You should contact with Parallels Sitebuilder administrator to clarify this case.

I have the exact same problem. I have been editing and adding modules to my website without any problem. But yesterday when I tried to do it, i got the same message. Now my website is not published anymore. I went to publishing settings to verify location and i got the error message below:
"The site cannot be published to the specified location.
Internal server error has occurred on the remote server. Please contact the server administrator."
Have you found the answer to your problem? Can anyone help please?

I am having the same problem. Did anyone ever find a solution?

Same problem here - any solution found?

I am having the same problem. Did anyone ever find a solution?

I've just done a major revamp and now can't upload it, I have 4 other sites on the server built the same way and not having any problems with those.
Just keep getting:
The site cannot be published to the specified location.

Help!!!???

Just a tip, just in case: We had this very same issue with a customer.

It turned out that the domain had expired.

Thus, when SB does its thing and tries to connect to the hosting account via FTP (which it does by looking for records for ftp.domain.tld I think, and at the very least domain.tld) it can't - in this specific case, because the registrar had changed the nameservers and of course there was no FTP access.

I'm not saying this is what's wrong in all cases, but it is likely to be a very common scenario.

I've just done a major revamp and now can't upload it, I have 4 other sites on the server built the same way and not having any problems with those.
Just keep getting:
The site cannot be published to the specified location.

Help!!!???

I have since sorted this - Parellels help section provided the solution and once I managed to convince openhost (My domain hosting Co.) that there was in fact a problem, it turned out to be a simple password miss-match between Plesk Sitebuilder and the FTP server. (Still not sure how I created the problem in the first place though).

Back