• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot receive any email after upgrade

G

Gipi81

This is my problem:
After a 7.5.3 -> 7.5.4 upgrade i cannot receive any email to my server ( and to all domains i host).
I check the log file /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog and i see this error:
qmail: 1128028007.870364 delivery 6: failure: Sorry._Although_I'm_listed_as_a_best-preference_MX_or_A_for_that_host,/ it_isn't_in_my_control/locals_file,_so_I_don't_treat_it_as_local._(#5.4.6)/
and this...
qmail: 1128027997.909214 delivery 4: failure: Sorry,_I_couldn't_find_any_host_named_myhostname._(#5.1.2)/

Any help? thanks

Restore the old copy of

/var/qmail/control/rcpthosts

it should contain one line per domain, each line is the domain.tld which are hosted.

Sounds like the upgrade must have corrupted or wiped out the contents.

OK it is solved!
I have re-installed psa-qmail* and set the config files into directory /var/qmail/control and now it work.
But there is a new problem..
After re-install i see this message for old domain names contains in my hosting:

Sep 30 09:54:37 main qmail: 1128066877.674406 delivery 22: deferral: Unable_to_chdir_to_maildir._(#4.2.1)/

For domains created after this re-install, Qmail work properly and not get any problem.
There is a conflict for chmods?

Thanks

Sounds like either ownership (chown) or permissions (chmod) may be messed up.

Compare the ownership and perms of the Maildirs created after (working) and those from before (not working).

Back