• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot setup VPN. There are no TAP-Win32 adapters on this system

AdrianC

Basic Pleskian
I am trying to setup VPN between my Plesk server (CentOS) and my Windows 7 computer (64 BIT).
I downloaded the windows client files, ran Install TAP device.bat, clicked the confirmation boxes, it didn't say anything (no confirmation) just to press any key to continue...
Then I ran Connect to VPN.bat and this is what I get:

Code:
Mon Feb 03 03:05:51 2014 OpenVPN 2.0 Win32-MinGW [SSL] [LZO] built on Apr 17 2005
Mon Feb 03 03:05:51 2014 LZO compression initialized
Mon Feb 03 03:05:51 2014 There are no TAP-Win32 adapters on this system.  You should be able to create a TAP-Win32 adapter by going to Start -> All Programs -> OpenVPN -> Add a new TAP-Win32 virtual ethernet adapter.
Mon Feb 03 03:05:51 2014 Exiting
Press any key to continue . . .

What should I do ?

Edit: if I right click the Install TAP device.bat and I "run as administrator" I see these additional lines before "press any key to continue":

Code:
The system cannot find the path specified.
The system cannot find the path specified.

Last edited:
Why do you think that issue with this Install TAP device.bat may be related to this section of forum and Plesk for Linux?

Because the Plesk license I pay for the last years mentions VPN features and because the VPN setup in Plesk panel directly provided these files in order to complete the VPN setup.

Hello,
I have the same problem. I installed the newest Version of Parallels Plesk Panel, with the extension "Virtual Private Networking". If I download the package for Windows Users to connect to my VPN, I get the same error like above. My Operation System which I use to connect to the VPN is Windows 8.1...

The VPN extension is one of the most important reasons for me to use this software, so I would be pleased if the problem would be resolved soon.

Or at least instructions on how to setup the connection manually, I assume it works to manually create a new VPN connection and set that key/certificate as login credentials, but I didn't find this info from Plesk, just the client files that don't seem to work for some of us.

nothing so far neither in the plesk 12 version?
oh i forgot, you have to pay some support tickets in order to make use of what you've already payed for...

Back