• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk VPN Windows 10

aGreenPlum

New Pleskian
Hello.

I'm having issues trying to use the VPN add-on in Plesk on Windows 10.

I have installed and configured the VPN addon-on though I cannot install the Windows client to be able to connect to Plesk, after googling around it seems that others are having the same issues though I have not found a resolution.

Following the instructions I need to install a "TAP adapter" though the .bat file gives me this error.

Code:
The system cannot find the path specified.
The system cannot find the path specified.

I have tried installing the openVPN GUI which contains a TAP adapter though the "Connect to VPN.bat" file cannot detect the TAP adapter as installed.

Could someone please help me with this?

This person is having the same issue, it seems that the Windows client is possibly outdated if built in 2005?

Found a solution, sort of.
  1. Download & install OpenVPN client here
  2. Download Windows client packages from VPN extension in Plesk
  3. Go to OpenVPN settings, change configuration file extension to "conf"
  4. Change OpenVPN configuration file location to where you downloaded your VPN packages, select the configuration file "openvpn.conf"
  5. You should now be able to connect using the OpenVPN client

If you want to use the Plesk VPN to route all your traffic through to your server you're out of luck, you need to change the VPN configuration file on your server which is pointless because Plesk overwrites the configuration file every time you stop and start the service. You are best installing OpenVPN from scratch.

VPN: How to edit openvpn.conf on server?

Back