1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot start X11 after Suse update

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by baden32, Aug 2, 2008.

1. baden32

baden32 Guest

I just made the latest updates listed by ZMD updater on my Suse 10.2 server.
    I cannot remember the full list (7 patches have been applied) but now after the server rebooted, the X11 server (X-server) does not start.

All other services are ok, but this one fails. It looks like no usable screen definition can be found but I made no hardware change (graphic card or monitor).

Does anyone already got such problem?

Thank you in advance for your help.

JZ

2. baden32

baden32 Guest

I reboot the server WITHOUT any monitor connected and now X11 starts and I can get remote control using VNC!
    Sorry I cannot understand the behaviour. I hope I won't get problem on the server because in this case I would need to connect a monitor and work directly on the server...
    If someone has an explanation you're welcome!
    Cheers.