• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

cannot sync a domain to the panel

werbemaxe

New Pleskian
Hi,

I am new to Parallels Plesk. I have plesk 10 and also the "customer and business manager", but I couldn't find this in this forum. Would this be the "billing"? If my problem is better suited for the "Billing" section, please move it.

I have this problem:

in the "Customer and Business manager" I have created some plans and they sync to the plesk panel.

But when I create a domain for a customer (just a domain, without hosting plan), it doesn't sync! I cannot find where to change this. It says it cannot sync. But I have seen screenshots where the sync button was green for a domain plan.

I also would like to turn off this eNom module, but cannot find where to turn it off.

Anyone who could help me?? I have read ALL manuals, but cannot find it!

thanks,

max

Hello,

About eNom module - if do not want to use it, go to All Settings > Domain registrars, open eNom profile and remove checkbox "Enabled". That's all, module is disabled.

About synchronization - Customer & Business Manager can sync hosting subscriptions with Panel but not domain ones.
For hosting subscription CBM can push there prices, synchronize status (suspended/activated).
For domain subscription there is nothing to sync - CBM doesn't manage site status because it handles domain name registration. Could you please clarify what do you expect from operation "Synchronize with Panel" for domains - I'll carefully review it and create feature requests.

Dear Eugene,

thanks for your answer.

I have found out (by Google and trying) that domains are not synced.

Here is what I was trying to do:

I have a customer who has a domain with a hosting plan and some domains without hosting. That means, he has only registered the domains with us, but no web space.

So, in order to create the domains on our server, I would need to create them as subscription for the customer. Also, because I have to charge the customer for the domains every year and thus create invoices.

When the domain is not synced, it is not visible in the Plesk panel (only in the CBM).

I have now created a new hosting plan and called it domain creation and now the domain shows up in the panel. But I guess this is not the normal procedure. ;-)

I have read many manuals, but I cannot find an easy "walkthrough" with some few steps, WHAT exactly to perform when I create a customer, add a hosting and domain plan in CBM and then have all in the plesk panel.

So, how is the procedure for a domain creation?

Thanks, marc

Let's look at the following scenario - customer has a hosting subscription (Silver hosting, for example) with domain subscription (domain1.com) plus he has a number of separate domain subscriptions not bundled with any hosting (domain2.com and domain3.com).

When he logs in the Panel, he sees his silver hosting subscription (diskspace, mailboxes, PHP support and so on).
On tab Websites & Domains he sees one site - domain1.com because this site is created in a web space.
On tab Account he sees all his subscriptions - silver hosting, domain1.com, domain2.com, domain3.com

For example, if he wants site domain2.com to be created in the same web space, he can simple create it and use this hostname - it's already registered.

Eugene,

but what is if the customer has NO hosting plane?? I have customers who just have a domain registered with me, but no hosting.

When I create the subscription for this domain (without any hosting plan), will the domain be registered on the server? So that it can be found? Some customers have domains registered that only point to another domain with another provider. Or they have an own server but register Italian domains with me that point to their server.

I am only worried about the domains not beeing installed on the server if it is not synced.

thanks, marc

If customer has only domain (without hosting) then domain name will be registered in registry (for example, eNom will do this on behalf of you and your customer) but there will be no DNS zone created at your servers.
They can log in into legacy CBM Client control panel - https://yourdomain.com:8443/plesk-billing/client
Usually DNS zone is also maintained by eNom and customers can manage it from CBM client CP

Do you need these zones? Do you need CBM/Plesk to support some kind of DNS hosting - no site, no web space, simply a DNS zone?

I need DNS zones, because some customers have a forward for a domain to another domain. For example, the have domainname.com and register with me domainname.it and therefore I need the domain registered properly on the server.

I guess that it's better to create a plan for domain registration WITH hosting (but limited) and then I have everything I need.

One more problem: I don't know if I need to create a new thread for this. This End User License Agreement shows up EVERY time I change from the panel to the CBM or back. I have acepted it 100 times, logged out and in again, but still it always shows up.... :-((

I have more problems, but I will create a ticket for it (e.g. sitebuilder not working).

thanks, marc

Yes, if you need DNS hosting, you will need to create very limited hosting subscription so that Plesk can start to handle it.
I'll create a feature request according to your case.

About EULA - could you please give me a version of Plesk you use? I'll try to investigate this and provide you with the solution.

If it isn't difficult for you, could you please attach the screenshot where you are accepting the EULA just before you click "Accept" - what checkboxes you choose at the bottom of the page.

Eugene, thanks for your support! Really great!

Attached is the screenshot of EULA. It really keeps on coming up, almost every time I am switching from the Panel to CBM or back. Sometimes also when switching from the panel to the control panels.

I have version 10.0.1.

(Parallels Plesk Panel v10.0.1_build109101029.18 os_CentOS 5)

My plesk is installed on a 1&1 server (Germany) and they have installed plesk for me. I cannot even update it, because when choosing the update function in the admin, there is no option available.

I take the opportunity to ask you another problem, without opening a new thread for this, because you respond really fast and good. :)
The plesk installed on the 1&1 servers should come with the sitebuilder (I think it's called Web Presence Builder now). My Plesk (10.0.1.) has the PPsuitebuilder module installed, but in the config it's says "sites with sitebuilder = 0". However, 1&1 told me that the suitbuilder IS PART of the package and it should work. Well, they said it's included only from 10.0.1, but I HAVE 10.0.1. and still I cannot use/find it. Do they have to set this to a certain number? Is it a license problem?

thanks, marc

Attachments

• eula.jpg
    eula.jpg
    363.6 KB · Views: 1
About the EULA - try to check the "Nicht mehr anzeigen" checkbox there. I do not know your native language but in English this means something like "Do not show more".

About SiteBuilder:
Yes, SiteBuilder is shipped as a component of Panel 10.0.1.
But sites you can create in it are the resource and therefore the license limit (the same as domains or user accounts number).

So if you have "Sites published with SiteBuilder = 0" in your license, this means that the component is installed but you are prohibited from using it. To start using it you need to get another license with SiteBuilder included - maybe 1&1 has a number of different licenses with different prices.

If in license you have non-zero limit but your customers still can't use SiteBuilder, check service plan's limits and subscription's limits - there also is a SiteBuilder limit, number of sites you sell to your customers, maybe it's equal to zero.

Hi Eugene,

yes, you were right with EULA. I haven't checked this "don't show again", just because normally there are two options: accept and don't accept. I just haven't read, because it was so obvious for me.. ;-)

About Sitebuilder: 1&1 sells their servers (and services) WITH sitebuilder, so I SHOULD have a license for it. The server comes with Plesk and CBM (or any other option, such as the SB Panel). However, all the options include Sitebuilder. I have sent a message to their support and hopefully they'll fix it.

Remains now the problem with the license of CBM, which IS included with the 1&1 server, but after the upgrade to 10.3.1 yesterday it stopped working (see other thread).

thanks, max

Back