• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Cannot upgrade Plesk - incorrect password

Franco

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

I am trying to upgrade from 18.026 to 18.0.27 and at first I had this issue Resolved - Update to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.27 keeps failing, but I could go around it as per suggestion and start the upgrade. However, I then get the following message:

Plesk pre-upgrade checking...
WARNING: [MYSQL ERROR] Given <password> is incorrect. Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO)

I was looking for a fix and found this article: Plesk is not accessible: Access denied for user 'username' @'localhost' (using password YES)

However, I cannot run the fix as I don't knwo which user to change the password for (in the message the user is blank).

I am stuck, can somebody help, please?

Regards

I had same problem and support pointed me in right direction.

indicates that there is no Client MySQL database server installed on the Plesk server.
As a result, Plesk Installer tries to parse it but fails.

Please check by navigating to Plesk > Tools & Services > Databases.
If only a Microsoft SQL Server is listed and no MySQL servers are present, then this warning can be safely ignored and you can proceed with the update process.

Back