• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't Access PLESK 8.2 After mysqld restart

G

giganet

Hello Group..

FC6
PLESK 8.2

Note: I have attached my server /etc/log/messages as a txt file with this post also...

After making changes I listed at the base of this post when logged into PLESK 8.2 I found that when accessing => Server => Mail I was receiveing an error from PLESK stating that it couldn't make a write to /tmp/???, I am sorry I didn't save the message now! :mad:
Anyhow I tried using 'service mysqld restart' and since that PLESK has become totally inaccessible and is displaying the following error message:

ERROR: PleskMainDBException MySQL query failed: Incorrect information in file: './psa/misc.frm'
0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:216 db_query(string 'select param, val from misc')
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:513 get_param(string 'mysql41_compatible')
2: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:410 db_set_names()
3: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:389 db_connect_real(string 'localhost', string 'admin', string '*********', string 'psa')
4: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:369 db_connect()
5: /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3:87

How would I repair this situation, I unfortunately have no backup as iPower just loaded PLESK 8.2 onto this new drive last week for me.

Backups first from now on!

This problem is also affecting email send/receive ability. :confused:

I followed an Online guide to begin securing a LINUX box at:
http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=15248

Exactly what was done
1) Set PermitRootLogin to no
2) Added user admin to 'su -' to 'root'
3) Installed 'chkrootkit'
4) Ran 'yum update'
5) Secured SSH
* Changed port from 22 to 54000
* Modified '/etc/hosts.allow' to my IP 72.169.152.210
* Modified '/etc/hosts.deny' to sshd: ALL
6) Modified '/etc/httpd/httpd.conf' ServerSignature 'off'
7) Modified '/etc/php.ini' 'expose_php = off'
8) Modified '/etc/mail/sendmail.mc' added 'define(`confSMTP_LOGIN_MSG','')'
Could not get the command below to make the config go 'LIVE'
'm4 /etc/mail/sendmail.mc > /etc/sendmail.cf'

Then when I used '/sbin/service sendmail restart' command I receive the following error:

Shutting down sm-client: [FAILED]
Shutting down sendmail: [FAILED]
Starting sendmail: sendmail: usage: sendmail [ -t ] [ -fsender ] [ -Fname ] [ -bp ] [ -bs ] [ arg ... ]
[FAILED]
Starting sm-client: /etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts: Multiple same specifications for /usr/local/sitebuilder/tmp(/.*)?.
sendmail: illegal option -- L
sendmail: usage: sendmail [ -t ] [ -fsender ] [ -Fname ] [ -bp ] [ -bs ] [ arg ... ]
[FAILED]
9) Installed LibSafe
10) Modified mount '/tmp' with 'noexec'
Added this line to 'fstab' '/etc/fstab':
loop, noexec, nosuid, rw 00
11) Tried to mask fingerprint but settings wouldn't take.

After trying to mask fingerprint I noticed if I run a 'ls' in the root the contents of the root have been populated with files modified while trying to hide fingerprints and a couple other files like ip_default_ttl~ && iptables-init.d.original
(below are /root contents):

anaconda-ks.cfg
install.log
install.log.syslog
ip_default_ttl~
iptables-init.d.original
olddrive
psa
psa_installer_v3.1.2_build070321.17_os_FedoraCore_6_i386
rmem_default~
rmem_defaulx~
rmem_defauly~
rmem_defaulz~
swsoft

Can someone please provide some mentoring/guidance so I can restore access to PLESK and very hopefully email function will be restored with PLESK access restoration?
Thank you for sharing your knowledge.:)

Regards

No even a whisper

Un-beleivable!
I have posts at BB's other than SWFoft and I get a large number of respondents.

I'm not so sure I like this PLESK thing so much.

Guess I will just re-install PLESK and see where that takes me, hopefully I can restore access to PLESK not to mention restore email access for my wireless clients.

I really would have thought that SW would at least have one in-the-know technician parusing these BB's to lend a hand where needed?

Oh well........

Back