• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Cant connect to Plesk Panel.

Larsm

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I have a Problem, I can't connect to the plesk panel. I get this error message in
:/var/log/plesk/sw-cp-server

5973#0: *13 SSL_shutdown() failed (SSL: error:140E0197:SSL routines:SSL_shutdown:shutdown while in init) while SSL handshaking, client: 87.106.181.241, server: 0.0.0.0:8443

But plesk seems running:

netstat -l

tcp 0 0 *:pop3 *:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 localhost:spamd *:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 *:imap2 *:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 *:8880 *:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 *:urd *:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 172.17.0.1:domain *:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 h2622464.stratos:domain *:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 localhost:domain *:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 *:ssh *:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 *:smtp *:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 localhost:953 *:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 *:8443 *:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 localhost:9980 *:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 *:sieve *:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 localhost:12768 *:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 *:imaps *:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 *:pop3s *:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 localhost:6379 *:* LISTEN
tcp6 0 0 [::]:pop3 [::]:* LISTEN
tcp6 0 0 localhost:spamd [::]:* LISTEN
tcp6 0 0 [::]:imap2 [::]:* LISTEN
tcp6 0 0 [::]:8880 [::]:* LISTEN
tcp6 0 0 [::]:http [::]:* LISTEN
tcp6 0 0 [::]:urd [::]:* LISTEN
tcp6 0 0 [::]:domain [::]:* LISTEN
tcp6 0 0 [::]:ftp [::]:* LISTEN
tcp6 0 0 [::]:ssh [::]:* LISTEN
tcp6 0 0 [::]:smtp [::]:* LISTEN
tcp6 0 0 [::]:8443 [::]:* LISTEN
tcp6 0 0 [::]:https [::]:* LISTEN
tcp6 0 0 [::]:sieve [::]:* LISTEN
tcp6 0 0 [::]:imaps [::]:* LISTEN
tcp6 0 0 [::]:pop3s [::]:* LISTEN
tcp6 0 0 localhost:8005 [::]:* LISTEN
tcp6 0 0 localhost:mysql [::]:* LISTEN
tcp6 0 0 [::]:poppassd [::]:* LISTEN

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

This could be a bug in OpenSSL (you might be using an outdated, buggy version) or an error with SSL certificate settings.

Can you connect with http://DOMAIN.TLD:8880? In that case, login unsecure, then check Tools & Settings > Security > SSL Certificates if a certificate is installed in "Certificate for securing Plesk". Reinstall that certificate.

The other option is to update OpenSSL to the latest version on your system.

This could be a bug in OpenSSL (you might be using an outdated, buggy version) or an error with SSL certificate settings.

Can you connect with http://DOMAIN.TLD:8880? In that case, login unsecure, then check Tools & Settings > Security > SSL Certificates if a certificate is installed in "Certificate for securing Plesk". Reinstall that certificate.

The other option is to update OpenSSL to the latest version on your system.
Hello, can't connect to domain.tld:8880

The html body at the browser console is empty. Is that normal?

If you cannot connect on SSL, neither non-SSL, while sw-cp-server is active (# service sw-cp-server status) your IP might be blocked (for example by fail2ban). Please check whether your IP address is included in the output of
# iptables --list | grep IPADDRESS
(with IPADDRESS = your current public IPv4 of your DSL/Internet connection). If it is blocked, I suggest to unban with
# plesk bin ip_ban --unban IPADDRESS

If you cannot connect on SSL, neither non-SSL, while sw-cp-server is active (# service sw-cp-server status) your IP might be blocked (for example by fail2ban). Please check whether your IP address is included in the output of
# iptables --list | grep IPADDRESS
(with IPADDRESS = your current public IPv4 of your DSL/Internet connection). If it is blocked, I suggest to unban with
# plesk bin ip_ban --unban IPADDRESS
Can you open the URL? https://larsmueller.net:8443

I can open the URL (if I ignore the invalid issuer SSL cert warning), but the page stays empty afterwards. This means that sw-cp-server cannot load the Plesk login page. The same issue exists for the non-SSL version. The issue is probably a wrong sw-cp-server configuration or that sw-engine service is inactive. First thing is to check
# service sw-cp-server status
# service sw-engine status
I'd also simply try a
# service psa stopall
# service psa start

Then also look into /var/log/sw-cp-server/error.log for additional messages (beyond the SSL handshake one; because SSL is probably not the key).

I can open the URL (if I ignore the invalid issuer SSL cert warning), but the page stays empty afterwards. This means that sw-cp-server cannot load the Plesk login page. The same issue exists for the non-SSL version. The issue is probably a wrong sw-cp-server configuration or that sw-engine service is inactive. First thing is to check
# service sw-cp-server status
# service sw-engine status
I'd also simply try a
# service psa stopall
# service psa start

Then also look into /var/log/sw-cp-server/error.log for additional messages (beyond the SSL handshake one; because SSL is probably not the key).
I see this error.

root@h2622464:/var/log/plesk# service psa stopall
Stopping tomcat service... unused
Stopping apache service... done
Stopping drweb service... unused
Stopping spamfilter service... done
Stopping mailer service... done
Stopping named service... done
Stopping mysql service... done
Stopping sw_cp_server service... done
Stopping sw_engine service... done
WARNING:
cannot parse ipcs output
Ressource(n) gelöscht
Ressource(n) gelöscht
Ressource(n) gelöscht

First make sure that ipcs is available on your system. You can test it by running
# ipcs
It should yield an output with data on message queues, shared memory segments, semaphore arrays.

If the ipcs command is available and can be used on the system I suggest to try
# plesk repair installation
Do not try plesk repair if the ipcs command is unavailable.

If the ipcs command is not available on the system I suggest to open a support ticket with your web hosting provider, because in that case something seems to be wrong with the server itself. I'd guess it's a virtual server?

First make sure that ipcs is available on your system. You can test it by running
# ipcs
It should yield an output with data on message queues, shared memory segments, semaphore arrays.

If the ipcs command is available and can be used on the system I suggest to try
# plesk repair installation
Do not try plesk repair if the ipcs command is unavailable.

If the ipcs command is not available on the system I suggest to open a support ticket with your web hosting provider, because in that case something seems to be wrong with the server itself. I'd guess it's a virtual server?
Ipcs is available. It's an rootserver.

Is it possible to remove some Subdomains over command line? The last thing I remember before plesk panel UI won't work, is adding an subdomain top access plesk over it. Add the entry's in vhost.conf and vhost_ssl.conf.

I remove the entry's over SSH but maybe some things still present in the database.

That's an interesting question. The thread started out that an SSL connection was not possible, it continued to show that a non-SSL won't work either, then we discovered that ipcs output cannot be parsed by Plesk for some reason and now we discover that the installation was tampered with by a special subdomain panel access configuration ... I don't know where to start.

I'd probably (seriously) start with
# plesk repair all

The installer found one issue

```
ynchronizing state of sw-cp-server.service with SysV init with /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install...
Executing /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable sw-cp-server
Synchronizing state of sw-engine.service with SysV init with /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install...
Executing /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable sw-engine
Synchronizing state of dovecot.service with SysV init with /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install...
Executing /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable dovecot
Synchronizing state of kavehost.service with SysV init with /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install...
Executing /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable kavehost
drwebd.service is not a native service, redirecting to systemd-sysv-install
Executing /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable drwebd
Job for drwebd.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status drwebd.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
INFO: [Wed May 3 11:01:34 CEST 2017]: Serice: drwebd, Action: start
Trying to start service drwebd... failed
May 03 11:01:34 h2622464.stratoserver.net systemd[1]: Starting LSB: drwebd is a Dr.Web Daemon...
May 03 11:01:34 h2622464.stratoserver.net drwebd[1530]: Starting Dr.Web drwebd...
May 03 11:01:34 h2622464.stratoserver.net drwebd[1530]: Dr.Web drwebd is not installed
May 03 11:01:35 h2622464.stratoserver.net systemd[1]: drwebd.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=1
May 03 11:01:35 h2622464.stratoserver.net systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: drwebd is a Dr.Web Daemon.
May 03 11:01:35 h2622464.stratoserver.net systemd[1]: drwebd.service: Unit entered failed state.
May 03 11:01:35 h2622464.stratoserver.net systemd[1]: drwebd.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

WARNING!
Some problems are found during start service drwebd(see log file: /var/log/plesk/rc_actions.log)

Continue...
```

That's an interesting question. The thread started out that an SSL connection was not possible, it continued to show that a non-SSL won't work either, then we discovered that ipcs output cannot be parsed by Plesk for some reason and now we discover that the installation was tampered with by a special subdomain panel access configuration ... I don't know where to start.

I'd probably (seriously) start with
# plesk repair all
I have try this already. I don't know why the server can't open the panel. On command line all things working also all other websites

I don't understand why Plesk cannot parse ipcs output when ipcs is installed and accessible. Do you have selinux enabled? Apparmor? Anything that could interfere with standard Plesk actions?

I don't understand why Plesk cannot parse ipcs output when ipcs is installed and accessible. Do you have selinux enabled? Apparmor? Anything that could interfere with standard Plesk actions?
I have setup the server yesterday. I restore the backups and installing solr for my Nextcloud installation. Also create a subdomain to access solr from the web and modify the vhost_ssl.conf file.

This is the only thing what I have do with the server.

This seems to be leading nowhere. Have you checked /var/log/sw-cp-server/error.log for entries beyond the initially posted SSL handshake issue?

Back