• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cant create Customer because DNS Superzone owned by another one

fragger1991

New Pleskian
Hello,

i activated the option "Do not let users create DNS subzones in other users' DNS superzones" in Plesk Panel.

I have the maindomain (domain.tld) in the Admin account and one Reseller who owned Third-Level-Domains (like this xxxx.s01.domain.tld) for the customer. I use external nameserver to manage the maindomain and subdomain.

Now when i create a customer then plesk can't add this customer with this domain like test.s01.domain.tld, the following message appears:
Unable to create the DNS zone because its superzone belongs to another user.

Is there any solution for my problem?

Thanks!

Is Plesk preventing you from creating the customer and domain, or only the DNS?

If it is only the DNS, maybe you could try to turn off DNS for that domain, and put the required records in the DNS zone for the superzone.

Alternatively, disable the option you enabled, and allow plesk to create the require DNS records in the new domain.
If you do this, you need to make sure there are no DNS records in the superzone pointing to the subdomain - you don't need to have ANY DNS records in the superzone that have anything to do with the subdomain. They don't have to be in the same DNS record. They can be in separate records. Errr... I think.

The issue related to option 'Do not let users create DNS subzones in other users' - "Server - Tools and settings - Server settings. Make sure that it is disabled there.

Hello,

thanks for your answered.

The Problem is, this is a shared hosting server with round about 60 customer - there is now way to disable this option. Because there are running 4 Reseller on this machine who not allowed to use our Domains.

We need this restriction - is there no solution with an DB Hack or anything?

Back