• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't create mailboxes via Plesk

M

mikelegg

All of a sudden, mailboxes can't be created via Plesk on one of our servers.

When you try to create one, the "Please wait loading" DHTML appears and just stays there.

If you shut the browser down and log back in, the email address appears to have been created, but there is no mailbox associated with it.

If you try to make any changes to the email address, the "Please wait loading" starts again and nothing happens.

The server is running ME Professional and Plesk 9.3 Win.

The problem suddenly started yesterday. I needed to make about 10 mailboxes - the first 5 were created without any problem and then suddenly it just stopped working and no one has been able to create a mailbox since.

I've restarted both Plesk and MailEnable but it hasn't helped.

Any suggestions?

Did you tried other browser?

Tried both Firefox 3.5 and IE7.

I wouldn't think it would be a browser problem because it was working fine one minute and then stopped working the next.

Interestingly, the mailboxes appear to get created in MailEnable, but Plesk doesn't recognise them and therefore you cant manage them through plesk

I'm noticing now that all Plesk functions are getting slower and slower.

I think this is related to the failure of Plesk to finish the mailbox creation process.

I think that reasons of problem described by you require deep investigation. I never heard about it before. It looks like your local problem and if you want to find a reasons I can suggest you contact support team.
Really it is very difficult to help you with it in forum's format.

The CPU is not even raising a sweat and there is no shortage of memory or other resources. IIS, SQL & MailEnable are all running fine, so it looks specifically like a Plesk problem.

Plesk is currently using MS Access for the PSA database, we're going to switch to MySQL and see if that helps.

If it doesn't help I'll get a support ticket raised.

Plesk is licensed through our NOC, do I have to get them to raise a support ticket or can I do it directly myself?

Maybe Plesk recovering with reconfigurator will help?
Unfortunately I'm not familiar with licenses related question. I always suggest contact your sales representative for all questions related to licenses, moneys, tickets submitting, etc. It is their work and thy can help with it much more effectively.

Switching the PSA database from Access to MySQL fixed this issue.

Back