• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

can't disable services in plesk 10.4.4

ronv

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

What is the way to disable services in Plesk 10.4.4 on an Ubuntu Linux server? While the documentation (Administrator's Guide, section 'System Time and Services') says the 'Services Management' section of the Plesk interface should contain a 'disable' button, I only see 'start', 'stop', and 'restart' buttons for each service (see screenshot attached).

I want to disable the Tomcat service, but just stopping it doesn't work: after a couple of seconds, all Plesk-controlled Tomcat processes start again. Having no control over this is rather annoying; how do I properly disable services in Plesk? If impossible via the Plesk web interface, is there perhaps a way to achieve this via console commands?

Ron

Attachments

• pleskservices.png
    pleskservices.png
    51.3 KB · Views: 10
Try to use

# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/tomcatmng --stop

Thanks for the suggestion, but this has the same effect as:
-killing tomcat manually (via 'kill')
-stopping the service from the Plesk interface ('services management')

All (3) Tomcat processes do stop, but restart within the minute.

Ron

Ok, can you advice on what to do, please? I didn't have this issue in the past, has this changed recently?

Look at Tomcat section of watchdog config file /usr/local/psa/etc/modules/watchdog/monitrc

# Tomcat
check process tomcat with pidfile "/var/run/tomcat5.pid"
start = "/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/tomcatmng --start"
stop = "/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/tomcatmng --stop"
if failed port 9080 with timeout 5 seconds then restart
if 5 restarts within 5 cycles then timeout
every 1 cycles
mode manual

and try to comment it. Restart watchdog after that.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, this doesn't help: Tomcat is restarted.

Did I forget anything?
-I've commented out the "Tomcat" section in /usr/local/psa/etc/modules/watchdog/monitrc
-I've stopped watchdog with /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/modules/watchdog/wdservice monit stop /usr/local/psa/etc/modules/watchdog/monitrc (which returned: 'stop: Job not changed: psa-monit')
-I've restarted watchdog with /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/modules/watchdog/wdservice monit start /usr/local/psa/etc/modules/watchdog/monitrc, which returned:

psa-monit (start) waiting
psa-monit (start) starting
psa-monit (start) pre-start
psa-monit (start) spawned, process 14827
psa-monit (start) post-start, (main) process 14827
psa-monit (start) running, process 14827

Sorry, after all, your solution does seem to work: commenting out the tomcat section in the config file and restarting the watchdog keeps Tomcat away. Now let's hope that config file won't be overwritten by Plesk at some time.

Do you (as member of the Parallels Team) know this is a bug, feature, or documentation glitch (see my original post)? Is there a place to properly report such issues instead of this forum?

Back