• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't download Backup

ManuelGDot

Basic Pleskian
Hi Guys,

I created a backup using the backup manager in plesk panel (~4Gb). When I click the green arrow on the right to download, I get transfered to another page that suggests I should enter a password to protect my backup. No matter if I enter a password or skip this security option, I get back to the backup manager overview, but the download doesn't start. There is no error message. Just nothing happens. I also searched in /opt/psa/admin/logs for an error log, but there is none.

From another thread I read the owner should be psaadm for /var/lib/psa as well as /var/lib/psa/dumps (and files/subfolders), on my server the owner is root for all those. But that thread was for plesk 8.

All help appreciated.

Manuel.

There is a large delay between confirming the download when dealing with large backup files and it appears that the larger the file, the longer the delay (I assume this because the file is copied/moved to a different location to be downloaded?) My backup file is around 2GB and takes around a minute (never actually timed it but it is quite a long wait) for the download manager dialogue to appear. Have you tried leaving the page for a while?

Thanks for your suggestion. I waited for couple of minutes but nothing happens. Do you have another idea?

EDIT: I'm sorry, it took about 10 minutes for the download to start. I had the tab left open and forgot about it when suddenly the download manager poped up. So your solution was correct. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Back