• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't edit PHP settings

gomopa

New Pleskian
I would like to modify these PHP settings:
post_max_size
upload_max_filesize

At Plesk Admin Panel Domain>PHP Settings the changes are not overtaken after editing and saving them. What might be the reason ? Which solutions are possible ?

Also I don't find the direct path from the php.ini file of the related domain on the server. Think there is a different pathe with Plesk 12 as before.

Thanks, guys, Go

Also I don't find the direct path from the php.ini file of the related domain on the server. Think there is a different pathe with Plesk 12 as before.

In the meantime I figured out the path:
/var/www/vhosts/system/domain.com/etc

But still leaving main problem:
Why I'm not able to change PHP Settings in Plesk Administration

Hi,

The resulting PHP configuration for each domain is defined on two levels: Server-wide and domain-level. The domain-level configuration is of higher priority and it overwrites the server-wide configuration. Here are our recommendations on changing PHP settings in Panel.

• Change server-wide settings if you need to change certain PHP settings on all domains.
    The settings file path: /etc/php.ini.
  • Change domain-level settings if you want the changes to be applied only to a certain domain. The changes will take effect only on domains with PHP running in the CGI or FastCGI mode.
    The settings file path: /var/www/vhosts/<domain_name>/conf/php.ini, where <domain_name> is the name of a corresponding domain.

Changing PHP Settings of All New Domains

If you want to use custom PHP settings for all newly created websites, copy your custom php.ini file to the conf directory of a virtual host template.

Thanks

Thanks, serverpoint_tom, for your statement.

How I mentioned in #3 I already found the path for the domain specific php.ini. In my case it is: /var/www/vhosts/system/domain.com/etc

The question which still is unanswered and that's what I'm looking for a solution: why I'm not able to make value changes at post_max_size and upload_max_filesize in the php.ini directly from Plesk Admin Panel Domain>PHP Settings

A great New Year 2016 to all board members.

It passed a long time, and there is still no answer, why I'm not able to modify PHP value changes at my Plesk Admin Panel Domain>PHP Settings.

Is there nobody, who has an idea and helps to solve this problem ?

Thanks, guys, Go

@gomopa,

You have to be more specific.

For instance, are you logged in as a Plesk admin? And what do the logs say? Please provide some of the relevant logs.

Regards....

Thanks, trialotto
yes, I'm logged in as Admin, but I don't have very much experience with Plesk
Would you please so kind to tell me, where to find the logs - sorry
:(

Go

@gomopa,

Can you give some answers to the following questions:

- which version of Plesk?
- which PHP versions are you using?
- did you manually customize/edit php.ini files?
- do you have the issue on one or on multiple domains?
- what is the PHP version on each of the troublesome domains?
- are there any fpm modules activiated on the troublesome domains? If so, is fpm activated on Apache or on Nginx (i.e. "fpm served by Nginx or Apache")?

and with the answers to those questions we can target a specific area to investigate your problem.

Furthermore, can you post the panel.log file? This log file can be found in the directory /var/log/plesk.

Regards

Thanks, again, trialotto
- which version of Plesk?
- which PHP versions are you using?
- did you manually customize/edit php.ini files?
- do you have the issue on one or on multiple domains?
- what is the PHP version on each of the troublesome domains?
- are there any fpm modules activiated on the troublesome domains? If so, is fpm activated on Apache or on Nginx (i.e. "fpm served by Nginx or Apache")?
- Plesk 12.5.30 Update #18
- PHP 5.5.9
- yes I changed the values of post_max_size to 124M and upload_max_filesize to 120M manually at php.ini file, after not working with Plesk admin interface
- issue appears at multiple domains
- all the troublesome domains have PHP version 5.5.9
- where do I find the area to get an answer to the question related to 'fpm' ?

The latest entries of the panel.log file are:
[2016-01-03 06:31:41] ERR [panel] Error: Cannot load library: /usr/lib/sw/libmysqlserver.so.2.0
[2016-01-03 06:31:45] ERR [panel] Error: Cannot load library: /usr/lib/sw/libmysqlserver.so.2.0
[2016-01-04 06:30:51] ERR [panel] Error: Cannot load library: /usr/lib/sw/libmysqlserver.so.2.0
[2016-01-04 06:30:51] ERR [panel] Error: Cannot load library: /usr/lib/sw/libmysqlserver.so.2.0
[2016-01-05 06:31:58] ERR [panel] Error: Cannot load library: /usr/lib/sw/libmysqlserver.so.2.0
[2016-01-05 06:31:59] ERR [panel] Error: Cannot load library: /usr/lib/sw/libmysqlserver.so.2.0
[2016-01-06 06:31:06] ERR [panel] Error: Cannot load library: /usr/lib/sw/libmysqlserver.so.2.0
[2016-01-06 06:31:06] ERR [panel] Error: Cannot load library: /usr/lib/sw/libmysqlserver.so.2.0
[2016-01-06 09:28:09] ERR [panel] Cannot load library: /usr/lib/sw/libmysqlserver.so.2.0
[2016-01-06 09:28:10] ERR [panel] Cannot load library: /usr/lib/sw/libmysqlserver.so.2.0

but I think they have nothing to do with this error, because I tried just now some times to change PHP settings with the Plesk admin panel and I got no new entries in this file.

Go

@gomopa,

Are you using CentOS by the way? Let me know.

Furthermore, the current issue can be related to the "library error": resolve this first by applying the solution in this KB article http://kb.odin.com/en/127080.

Afterwards, do the following:

a) revert the manual edits in the php.ini files (i.e. return them to the original state),
b) restart the entire plesk server (to be safe): "service psa restart"
c) change the PHP version for the troublesome domains to PHP 5.6.16: go to "Domains > [domain] > PHP Settings"

Note that the FPM information is also to be found at "Domains > [domain] > PHP Settings".

Hope that the above will help.

Regards.....

Hi can you guys help me with how I can edit this .. by the way, I'm a newbie in this domain don't know much about directories i.e. log file can be found in the directory
/var/www/vhosts/system/domain.com/etc
please guide me

Attachments

• Shot 014.png
    Shot 014.png
    39.6 KB · Views: 2
Back