• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Is it just me or nothing is working like it should in Plesk?

PhDouglas

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Web Host Edition 18.0.57 Update #5
After 25 years of cPanel I finally went for an alternative, thinking it should be grown up until to today.... O man, was I wrong! Installed the Plesk on the VPS, set everything up, created a domain set up a WordPress and then tried to upload the 80M theme. Of course, first the php upload size...so I go and try to edit php to maximize php and that's it! Did not came any future, for the whole damn day long! Network Error complaining about my GB network connection near attempting to edit PHP file in PHP setup, So went on power user and found another PHP setting directly for the domain, attempted to change the upload value to 128M pressing OK and getting Internal error (even at 16M the same). So as the last resort, I went and attempted to configure .htaccess file directly in the file manager and guess what, the file is hidden and there is no way to make it visible. It is like someone above is trying to say: You damn naive idiot, what did you think you will get!???

I can not imagine having costumers on this platform, I just can't!! Sorry, but this would be a pure nightmare!

Attachments

• unstableconnection.jpg
    unstableconnection.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 13
  • internal error.jpg
    internal error.jpg
    484 KB · Views: 13
Have you considered that maybe the computer is right when it says "network error"?

.htaccess and other dot-starting filenames are visible in File Manager. Could it be a file permission issue when your file cannot be displayed?

An 80M sized theme can easily be uploaded when the PHP file upload limit is set to a larger value. There must be tens of thousands of such installations on Plesk, because many theme packages and plugins require large upload sizes. This works for sure.

An "internal error" again points to another issue, such as the "network error" that Plesk detects. It's not a fault of the software, but most obviously a problem on the system or the network interface.

Please feel free to contact support at https://support.plesk.com if you require individual assistance with Plesk configuration tasks.

Waiting for the third day now, for the support reply from IONOS (VPS Hosting) and just decided to solve the problem right now, by going back to reliable and stable WHM (Contabo). Took me 20 minutes to set everything up without a single moment of waiting and banging for changes to take a place. Where even some wierd connection or internal errors... 20 years of WHM, and I didn´t need their support A SINGLE TIME! I admit, it was all my mistake in the first place, naively thinking, maybe being served at Plesk even better... So yea, here is definitely my last post you will ever got from me. I wish all of you guys all the luck, as it seems, the last is well needed at Plesk!

Ionos is a provider. This has nothing to do with Plesk. Plesk is a control panel that you can use to administrate your web server. It is not a web hosting provider. If you are dissatisified with a provider, please do not rant against Plesk.

I just needed to reply because I think I understand now the Plesk its main problem better! It's that thinking pattern like yours, like, its not my concern...where cPanel would probably want to know more about the problem... And that is why one won't ever find such fatal issues over there! Thank you and good night!

Just cause I'm curious, what exactly were you expecting from Plesk here? That's kinda like if I were to make a post asking for someone like Peter to make me a cheeseburger, the error you're having isn't exactly relevant to Plesk, Plesk is simply notifying you of a connection issue with the host.

Back