• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cant find "Owncloud" App inside users application pool

stonegate

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

we are running the latest Plesk 12 under CentOS 7.

While i can see the App Owncloud as Admin in the Application Vault my users cannot see that particular app in their Application pool. They can see all other apps though. Just not Owncloud.

Am i doing something wrong ? All resellers and customers are allowed to install everything from the pool and i selected Owncloud in the Vault already and "made it available" .. Though it is not shown.

Regards
Stoney

Hi stonegate,

did you "synchronize" the domains with the changes from your package, related to the domains? And are the domains "unlocked" for synchronizations?

Hi Stoney,

Did you allow Owncloud to be installed in Plesk Service Plans? Making it available in the Vault isn't enough.

Hi there,

i have not checked the box "only Show packages that i allow" (freely translated from german Version).. Regarding the help text i dont Need to select any app when i want to allow ALL Applications to my users. Thats what i did. I enabled all apps in my plans. However owncloud is not shown to any user or reseller.

Best Regards
Stoney

@BoiseComputer : You could have mentioned, that the "Ubuntu" - package is affected, even if the article title declares this already - the thread - starter administrates a CentOS - server.

Very true @UFHH01. Good catch. I missed him stating that. This is a Ubuntu specific problem of the packages not being updated correctly in the repositories. For people that are Ubuntu users you can add a repository that will install updated and more secure versions of the software. Those instructions are at the bottom of the article.

Hi Stoney,

I'm sorry to say it, but Owncloud is an app that's currently available only for Parallels Automation, not for Plesk, as it does not work in Plesk nowadays.

Back