• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

can't get Mcrypt to install on 11.5

cyberhostpro

Basic Pleskian
HI

i've done some research today trying to install PHP Mcrypt on php 5.3, we are running PHP Version 5.3.21
i have run the following:

wget -O - http://www.atomicorp.com/installers/atomic |sh
yum install php-mcrypt

the response I get is:

No package php-mcrypt available.

the phpinfo file shows Configure Command '--with-mcrypt=shared,/usr'

however thats the only place i can find mcrypt, if i search again no other results are found, i know if it was installed, it would have its own section.

How do I get it installed? is it something i need to do to /var/www/vhosts/system/DOMAIN.com/etc/php.ini

Thanks in advanced.

cyberhostpro, looks like you ran out of luck, PHP 5.3 got discontinued by Atomic and replaced by 5.4 for quite some time. Either upgrade, use 5.3 packages distributed by your OS provider (CentOS?) or build and install from source.

cyberhostpro, looks like you ran out of luck, PHP 5.3 got discontinued by Atomic and replaced by 5.4 for quite some time. Either upgrade, use 5.3 packages distributed by your OS provider (CentOS?) or build and install from source.

this clients site doesn't work on PHP 5.4.. I'll do some research.

Thanks

We actually moved the PHP 5.3 packages into a new repo, called Nucleus. We're backporting security fixes from 5.4 and 5.5 into that channel.

That said, php 5.4 does include a php-mcrypt package: yum install php-mcrypt

Last edited:
Back