• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Can't increase PHP upload_max_filesize

stevland

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.47
I have tried absolutely every tip I have found.
upload_max_filesize shows at 16M in Plesk and in my phpinfo.php.

The default setting in Plesk is 2M!

I am frantically trying to upload a critical file to WordPress that is slightly over 16 MBs.

"The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini"

I'm currently using PHP 8.1.12 / FPM application (although I've tried many different variations)

One thought: I have been running Plesk for perhaps 10 or 15 years. The fact that upload_max_filesize is set so low and refuses to budge makes me wonder if there is some old setting buried somewhere.

Oops, since I replied I realized I followed the instructions for nginx when there are different instructions for Apache.

I have subsequently added LimitRequestBody 2147483647 to /etc/apache2/apache2.conf{,.orig}

I have restarted httpd and psa and used # plesk repair web -domains-only for good measure.

Unfortunately I still do not see Maximum allowed HTTP request body size in Domains > mydomain > Hosting & DNS > Apache & nginx Settings

Things I've been trying:

# php -i | grep php.ini Configuration File (php.ini) Path => /opt/plesk/php/8.1/etc Loaded Configuration File => /var/www/vhosts/system/mydomain/etc/php.ini

I've edited both
/var/www/vhosts/system/mydomain/etc/php.ini (even though it's read-only) /opt/plesk/php/8.1/etc/phi.ini

---

Tools & Settings > PHP Settings > 8.1.12 FPM application > php.ini
post_max_size = 128M upload_max_filesize = 128M

---

I have added the following to /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/panel.ini

[php] settings.performance.upload_max_filesize[]=128M [webserver] nginxClientMaxBodySize = 128M

And then
# plesk repair web -domains-only

---

With each of these attempts I've been restarting Apache and Plesk (and logging out and back into Plesk) frequently.
# service httpd restart # service psa restart

(I've even restarted the server a couple of times in desperation)

I tried lots of other things that I didn't get around to documenting as well.

I don't know what ultimately worked. In fact, it still doesn't make sense to me at all.

But just now I went back to My Domain > PHP Settings

Although the maximum value for both post_max_size and upload_max_filesize in the dropdown list is 16M, when I clicked Reset to Default the value changed to 128M (Default)

So at least I can proceed with the work I need to do for today.upload_max_filesize.png

Actually, you don't have to go with any of the drop down values. You can type in whatever value you want.

Back