• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Site PHP settings don't change anything

iHuman

Basic Pleskian
I have a dozen or so WordPress sites hosted on my server. I'm using PHP 7.1.18 with nginx. I've noticed that if I change the settings on an individual domain (ie post_max_size, upload_max_filesize, etc) it has absolutely no effect. Uploading images in WordPress still show the wrong file sizes (ie 2M or 32M). Instead, it seems that the only way to resolve this is to edit the php.ini file for PHP 7.1.8.

While this seems counterintuitive to custom settings for each domain, does that mean individual domain settings can only be LOWER than what is configured in php.ini?

Hi iHuman,

if I change the settings on an individual domain (ie post_max_size, upload_max_filesize, etc) it has absolutely no effect.
Pls. describe HOW you changed the settings ( step-by-step ) and pls. ( !!! ) post as well the corresponding "phpinfo" AFTER you made the changes for a (sub)domain and make sure, that you restarted the corresponding PHP - FPM - service after your changes.

Pls. add as well corresponding log - file entries and try to increase the log - level for a more verbose output in your logs. ;)

Uploading images in WordPress still show the wrong file sizes (ie 2M or 32M)
You did you investigate the new settings?

does that mean individual domain settings can only be LOWER than what is configured in php.ini
No.

Back