• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

can't login via pop3/imap after migrating domain in

K

kerm1t

I'm in the process of moving to a new server, and have been using the Plesk migration tool. I've moved a dozen domains in total, and all but one seems fine.

With the problem domain, I can't access any of the mailboxes on it (via pop3/imap/webmail). Maillog just reports 'login failed'. I've double checked the passwords are correct, and even tried changing them via the control panel. I've also used mail.sh to check that the accounts had been properly created, that they were enabled, and that the passwords were what I thought they were.

I've also checked that the accounts exist in the plesk database, and that the passwords are set there too.

The mailboxes on all my other domains are fine.

Incidentally, I notice that /var/qmail/users/poppasswd on my new server (Plesk 8.4) is empty. On my old machine (Plesk 7.5) it was used to store the pop passwords. Has this been shifted into the database now?

Any thoughts?

Back