• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Can't reset permissions

E

EricHawkinson

CPU
GenuineIntel, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6420 @ 2.13GHz
Version
Parallels Plesk Panel v10.4.4_build1013111102.18 os_CentOS 5
OS
Linux 2.6.18-238.19.1.el5PAE

Symtoms:
Last week I started noticing a few of my domains taking forever to load. Sometimes it takes several minutes before I can SSH or FTP in also. When I do get in SSH and FTP there are problems. I can't upload or download files. I can't run some commands when I log into SSH.

I can log into CP and when I go to file manager I can navagate just fine... but when I go to upload a file
Unable to upload <FILE> to //: filemng: Error occurred during /bin/cp command.

So I went to check the error_log
stdout:
chmod: cannot access `/var/www/vhosts/MYSITE.net///FILE.zip': No such file or directory
filemng: Error occurred during /bin/chmod command.

stderr:
filemng: Error occurred during /bin/chmod command.

file: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Service/Agent/Transport/Local/Exec.php
line: 98
code: 0
trace: #0 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Service/Agent/Transport/Local.php(58): Service_Agent_Transport_Local_Exec->process(2, Object(Service_Agent_Command_Exec), Object(Service_Agent_Log), Object(Service_Agent_Transport_LocalTransaction))
#1 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Service/Agent/Transport/Local.php(24): Service_Agent_Transport_Local->_command(2, Object(Service_Agent_Command_Exec), Object(Service_Agent_Transport_LocalTransaction), Object(Service_Agent_Log))
#2 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Service/Agent.php(133): Service_Agent_Transport_Local->process('02d255239c617e1...', Array, Object(Service_Agent_Log))
#3 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Service/FileMng.php(130): Service_Agent->commit()
#4 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/FileManager.php(247): Service_FileMng->putFile('/tmp/phpwdPmp8', '/var/www/vhosts...', 644)
#5 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/ui_common/FileManagerUIPointer.php(510): FileManager->putFile('/tmp/phpwdPmp8', '/var/www/vhosts...', 644)
#6 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/ui_common/FileManagerUIPointer.php(115): FileManagerUIPointer->_uploadAction()
#7 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/UIPointer.php(595): FileManagerUIPointer->accessItem('POST', NULL)
#8 /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/plesk.php(45): UIPointer->access('POST')
#9 {main}

It looked like a permissions problem so I thought I would try and reset them.

but then I found that I could run a reset
# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all
This resulted in
bash: httpdmng: command not found

I went to the bin folder and a found that
all the files the bin folder have "-> ../sbin/warpper" next to them and I can't access any of them.

This is where I have hit a wall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back