• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Can't restore Plesk backup on a new server

NormanHaag

New Pleskian
Hello,

I'm trying to move a Plesk installation from a openSUSE 11.0 (OS no longer supported) to a Ubuntu 10.04.1 Server, but I keep getting an error message and I don't know why.

Here's what I did:

1) Upgrade of Plesk Panel on the old server from 9.5.2 to 10.0.1 (the new one is 10.0.1)

2) Create a backup of Plesk on the old server, using this command:
/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup server -v --split=1G --suspend --output-file=/root/work/backups/migration_201104291

3) Copy all files named "migration_201104291*" to new server

4) Run restore on new server, using this command:
/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskrestore --restore migration_201104291 -level server -verbose
=> Error message: "Unable to resolve all conflicts" (due to IP address change)
=> conflicts-resolution file was missing

5) Create a conflicts-resolution xml file. I took an example file named "conflict_resolution_rules" from a folder in /usr/local/psa/PMM/rsessions/ , copied it to the same folder where all the backups files were and replaced every entry in it where I found the old IP address with the new one.
<rename new-name="ip-type:shared:ip-address:[OLD IP]"></rename>
replaced by
<rename new-name="ip-type:shared:ip-address:[NEW IP]"></rename>

6) Run restore again, this time with this command:
/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskrestore --restore migration_201104291 -level server -verbose -conflicts-resolution conflict_resolution_rules
=> Result: Lots of output in xml which looks like a conflicts-resolution file and also contains the old ip address.
=> Error message: "Unable to resolve all conflicts"

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks in advance
-Norman

The restore process is now finished and everything seems to be present. But I got lots of warnings (see attachment). Do i have to worry about those?.

Attachments

• task-9214.txt
    10.7 KB · Views: 6
Errors from /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/notification.php --update /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/admin.php --update is not valuable they generated for notifications and options which is not used in Panel 10.x.
Error 'MySQL query failed: Unknown column 'object_name' in 'field list' - please check mail user's address book in Horde it seems saved addresses was lost

Last edited:
Thank you, Sergey.

Errors from /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/notification.php --update /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/admin.php --update is not valuable they generated for notifications and options which is not used in Panel 10.x.
Well, if the options are not used in 10.x, I guess I can ignore all those messages. Am I right?
I just wonder why a backup from a 10.x system still contains those options.

Error 'MySQL query failed: Unknown column 'object_name' in 'field list' - please check mail user's address book in Horde it seems saved addresses was lost. This issue was fixed in Panel 10.2
I can't check his address book in Horde as I don't have his password and I don't wanna change it.
So you're saying that his Horde address book is now lost and he would have to make a new one? If this issue was fixed in 10.2, would it help if I make an upgrade on both servers to 10.2 and then make a new backup on the old one and restore it on the new one? Would that save his address book from getting lost?

I updated to 10.1.1 this week, as 10.2.x was not offered by the autoinstaller.. So my idea of a new backup that also contains the address book will not work. I guess that this one user has to save his address book and create a new one after the migration.

Back