• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't send Emails to web.de

A

Andreas Reiser

Hello all,

I can't send email to web.de. I get only litte information from the mail.info:

qmail: 1253870035.379352 delivery 43: deferral: Sorry,_I_wasn't_able_to_establish_an_SMTP_connection._(#4.4.1)/

I'm using Plesk 9.2.2 with QMail.

Thanks in advance,
Andreas

Hello Andreas,

If you have connection problem with your SMTP server, perform the following steps to find a reason:

- Make sure that you use right IP address and port number combination for SMTP server in your mail client preferences. If you use domain name instead of mail server IP, make sure that the domain is resolved to right IP. Please, check the following article for more information:

http://kb.odin.com/en/765

- Check if Parallels Plesk Panel (PP) SMTP service is running on the server. Login to the Plesk server and try "telnet localhost 25", if Plesk SMTP works an output should be:

# telnet localhost 25
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
Escape character is '^]'.
220 hostname.tld ESMTP

Please, check the following article for more information:

http://kb.odin.com/en/1387

- If SMTP service works on the server, but you still cannot connect to it to send mail, most probably the reason is in firewall. Try to stop firewall on the PP server if it is running and try to send mail again. If it doesn't work, then SMTP port is blocked somewhere in your net, please check it and ask you ISP about 25 port filtering.

Thank you

Hi,

This error indicates that you cannot establish connection with MX servers of web.de:

$ host -tmx web.de
web.de mail is handled by 110 mx-ha02.web.de.
web.de mail is handled by 100 mx-ha01.web.de.

Make sure that from your Parallels Plesk server you can reach to mx-ha02.web.de. and mx-ha01.web.de. on port 25

You can use command
telnet mx-ha01.web.de. 25

to test it.

Back