• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't send mail to [email protected]

J

John West

Messages addressed to [email protected] were bouncing with "Sorry. Although I'm listed as a best-preference MX or A for that host, it isn't in my control/locals file, so I don't treat it as local. (#5.4.6)"

I added mail.mydomain.com to /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts and locals, restarted Qmail and now messages addressed to [email protected] are bouncing with "<[email protected]>: Sorry, no mailbox here by that name. (#5.1.1)"

Messages addressed to [email protected] are delivered properly.

How do I get this to work?

Thanks!

Correction:

Messages addressed to [email protected] are NOT delivered properly.

Now I get "I get Sorry, no mailbox here by that name. (#5.1.1)".

I have verified that the email account exists in Plesk's control panel

Thanks. I already followed that and was able to correct the "Although I'm listed as a best-preference MX or A for that host, it isn't in my control/locals file" problem. Now the error is "<[email protected]>: Sorry, no mailbox here by that name. (#5.1.1)"

I don't understand how http://kb.odin.com/en/1380 is related to the latter problem.

The solution was to use Plesk's control panel to add a sub-domain called mail.mydomain.com.

Back