• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Can't Send or Receive Mail on Onyx 17.5

KrazyBob

Regular Pleskian
I am running the latest software. The DNS records look fine. But I cann't send or receive messages using Outlook. I was able to send using Horde but not receive. With all of the wonderful changes I don't know where to look. MagicSpam has a free default setup. I haven't gotten far into it to buy a license but that shouldn't matter.

The connection to the server has failed.

Subject 'Test 4'
Server: 'mail.balsigerpartners.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 10013

Unable to send or receive messages for the Balsigerpartners (bobricci) account. The connection to the server has failed.

Server: 'mail.balsigerpartners.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 10013

Dec 16 21:33:03 clss01 magicspam-metrics-client[25723]: metrics server is having temporary issues. Postponing to post data later [501][failed to receive operating system information failed to receive architecture information failed to receive source panel version failed to receive product identification failed to

I humbly ask for help...

This is resolved by Plesk support staff. It seems that although a custom Plesk Installer had been created for Virtuozzo it did not turn the firewall on. Thus, mail was not working. Tools -> Firewall (in the Security Group) -> Enable Firewall Management.

Hopefully this helps someone in the future.

Back