• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't set permissions on an ../Upload folder for use with ASP.NET

A

Anim

Hi All

I am trying to crete an uploads folder to be used in an ASP.NET application and having great difficulty in getting the write permissions set correctly via plesk or directly via a remote desktop session.

I have tried adding read/write permissions to the IUSR_domain account via plesk.

I have also tried adding the ASPNET account to this folder via permissions from windows explorer.

No matter what I do my asp application says it has been denied access to write to this folder and its getting really frustrating.

Also, whenever I try and add permission via plesk they seem to get reset or plesk adds a duplicate entry (under advanced) that resets the permissions to just read only.

I also turned off the "Allow inheritable permissions...." check box.

So, can anybody give me a step by step on how to create an /uploads folder within a website so that an ASP.NET 2.0 application can write files to it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards
Anim

Hi Gris

I forgot to mention that I tried that initially without much luck too.

File Explorer, right click uploads folder, properties, security tab, add, advanced, find now, selected NETWORK SERVICE and gave it read+write, apply. ok

Tested web app, same error. "access denied"

I noticed that the folder is flagged as read only (check box in properties) and if i deselect that then something else sets it to read only again straight away.

Thanks
Anim

Back