• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't start nginx as proxy

tweichart

New Pleskian
TITLE:
Can't start nginx as proxy
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
Plesk 17.5.3 Update #3, ‪CentOS Linux 7.3.1611
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
After installing and activating the plesk module "Nginx web server and reverse proxy server" the nginx is successfully installed. Activating the service though results in an error message, nginx can't be started too.
happened first after i've upgraded to 17.5, before that no problem.​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
install nginx, activate nginx as service via tools&settings -> services management​
ACTUAL RESULT:
error message on services screen:

Code:
Unable to start service: Unable to manage service by nginxmng: ('start', 'nginx'). Error: [2017-04-20 08:31:38] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/nginx_control' '--start'] with exit code [1] Can not start proxy server: /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/nginx-config execution failed: nginx: [emerg] bind() to [<ipv6address]:443 failed (99: Cannot assign requested address) nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed

error message via mail:

Code:
Unable to generate the web server configuration file on the host <domainname> because of the following errors:

Template_Exception: nginx: [emerg] bind() to [<ipv6address]:443 failed (99: Cannot assign requested address)
nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed

file: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Template/Writer/Webserver/Abstract.php
line: 75
code: 0

Please resolve the errors in web server configuration templates and generate the file again.
EXPECTED RESULT:
nginx start as proxy​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Help with sorting out

thanks for the feedback. i found out that my ipv6 address was deleted (due to some docker magic), after solving this problem the nginx could simply be reinstalled and everything works now ;-)

Back