• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cant stop mailserver as reseller

IgorG

Plesk addicted!
Plesk Certified Professional
Guys, I need you help.

Could you please try to reproduce and inform me - is this problem actual for you? I need any feedback from you regarding this problem.
I'm not found any mentions about this problem on forum and I want to know how serious the problem is and how much users does it affect?

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
Create reseller, grant him all permissions, log in as reseller, create domain with mail hosting, try to disable mail service for this domain.

ACTUAL RESULT:
Panel allows to uncheck 'Activate mail service on domain' checkbox and click OK. No errors are reported.
Mail service is on for domain.
Settings had not changed.

EXPECTED RESULT:
Mail service should be disabled
settings should be changed

Thank you very much for your help and cooperation!

I informed about that bug via email on January 4th 2010 and it received the ticket: Parallels #845278

So far I've reproduced this bug on all my servers (more than 20) with Plesk 9.2.3 and 9.3.0, with CentOS 5.0 and Debian 4.0.

The description of the bug is not accurate, in fact when you disable the mail service it stops working, you can check it trying to auth via pop3 or imap and it will fail, but you cannot enable it again as a reseller, only as admin.

Adrian Garcia,

Thank you very much for your useful information!

Back