• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

can't uninstall plesk 9.5.2

S

SlavaK

Hello!

I try to uninstall plesk (http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PPP9/Doc/en-US/plesk-9.5-unix-installation-guide/), but

I tried to remove the plesk (http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PPP9/Doc/en-US/plesk-9.5-unix-installation-guide/), but it crashes when i processed this command:

rpm -e `rpm -qa | grep psa- | xargs`

with error:
[root@km35935 /]# rpm -e `rpm -qa | grep psa- | xargs`
Trying to Remove Plesk-specific authentication from Courier IMAP... Some configuration files weren't processed successfully. See "/tmp/psa-mail-qc-driver_1.0.0_fc8.build95100504.15_installing.100628.18.42.log" for details
done
Trying to remove /usr/lib/plesk-9.0/postfix-poplockdb-clean from crontab... done
Trying to Reconfigure watchdog... Trying to register service xinetd... using /sbin/chkconfig
done
Trying to unregister service qmail... Stopping : using /sbin/chkconfig
Trying to reload service xinetd... xinetd (pid 1606) is running...
Reloading configuration: [ OK ]
done

Removing qmail users (if they exist):
Trying to register service xinetd... using /sbin/chkconfig
done
Trying to remove user alias... done
Trying to remove user qmaild... done
Trying to remove user qmaill... done
Trying to remove user qmailp... done
Trying to remove user qmailq... done
Trying to remove user qmailr... done
Trying to remove user qmails... done

Removing qmail groups (if they exist):
Trying to remove group nofiles... done
Trying to remove group qmail... done
Trying to start service mysqld... Starting MySQL: [ OK ]
done
Trying to establish test connection... failed

ERROR while trying to establish test connection
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/psa-spamassassin_9.5.2_fc8.build95100504.15_installing.100628.18.42.log), fix and try again

Aborting...

error: %preun(psa-spamassassin-9.5.2-fc8.build95100504.15.i586) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
Trying to start service mysqld... done

Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/psa-watchdog_2.0.3_fc8.build95100504.15_installing.100628.18.44.log), fix and try again

Aborting...

error: %preun(psa-watchdog-2.0.3-fc8.build95100504.15.i586) scriptlet failed, exit status 1

Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/psa-api-rpc_9.5.2_fc8.build95100504.15_installing.100628.18.46.log), fix and try again

Aborting...

error: %postun(psa-api-rpc-9.5.2-fc8.build95100504.15.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.86992: line 1897: /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/webmailmng: No such file or directory

WARNING!
During the unregister found some problems(see log file: /tmp/psa-imp_4.1.6_fc8.build93091230.06_installing.100628.18.48.log)

Continue...

Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/psa-imp_4.1.6_fc8.build93091230.06_installing.100628.18.48.log), fix and try again

Aborting...

error: %postun(psa-imp-4.1.6-fc8.build93091230.06.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
Trying to remove gl_dbcleaner from crontab... done

Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/psa-firewall_1.0.1_fc8.build95100504.15_installing.100628.18.50.log), fix and try again

Aborting...

error: %preun(psa-firewall-1.0.1-fc8.build95100504.15.i586) scriptlet failed, exit status 1

Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/psa-backup-manager_9.5.2_fc8.build95100504.15_installing.100628.18.52.log), fix and try again

Aborting...

error: %postun(psa-backup-manager-9.5.2-fc8.build95100504.15.i586) scriptlet failed, exit status 1

what can i do?

prehistory:
While restarting server was irrevocably damaged database plesk, after which the hosting service reported that the only solution is to reinstall plesk

help me ))

Trying to start service mysqld... Starting MySQL: [ OK ]
done

It looks like that mysql is not correctly started there. Check that it can be started and mysql server works fine.

To be brutally honest, it would be faster, and more efficient to backup all your domain(s) data to another location, and reinstall your Linux distro.

After dealing with plesk for a couple of years, I've also decided to go with another solution, and i ran into the same issue.
Plesk provides an " installer " they should also provide an " uninstaller "

And as you very well know, support is arse backwards, and documentation is much worse. The uninstall instructions are simplistic at best, and vague most of the time, and reflect their lack of enthusiasm towards information about files they change, settings they alter and the likes.. e.g.
Code:
modify the files in the directory /var/qmail/control appropriately.

Frankly, I don't understand How they get away with charging what they charge, for basically a web based front end to open-source software. It is beyond me. I could understand the prices on a windows machine (somewhat) but when they use all open-source software on a Linux machine, the price is just too much, not to mention the fact that unless you pay extra, your stuck with no anti-virus, no spam protection, and we aren't even getting started with the security holes in this thing.

Good luck, i hope you find a better platform.

-=[ Message will not be displayed, or will be deleted shortly, as Parallels doesn't approve of people forming opinions ]=-

Hello,

I have been working for some years now for a large webhosting company that provides Plesk as a default control panel for VPS. The problem is caused in most of the cases by customers, Plesk does not brake by itself. I am sure if you keep mysql running and correct privileges set while the upgrade is being done everything will work just fine.

If you wish to uninstall it can be simply done via rpm. Even if the database is damaged you can ignore the scriptlet failed errors as it cannot modify/remove the tables from the database or files that does not exist as they were not installed or manually removed (you should actually read the files created in /tmp to see the exact problem).

As a suggestion if all the files have been removed, drop the psa database, install the version of Plesk you previously had and use the psa backup file located in /var/lib/psa/dumps/mysql.preupgrade.dump.gz and overwrite the fresh database.

Cheers.

Back