1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

can't uninstall plesk 9.5.2

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by SlavaK, Jun 28, 2010.

1. SlavaK

SlavaK Guest

Hello!

I try to uninstall plesk (http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PPP9/Doc/en-US/plesk-9.5-unix-installation-guide/), but

I tried to remove the plesk (http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PPP9/Doc/en-US/plesk-9.5-unix-installation-guide/), but it crashes when i processed this command:

with error:
    what can i do?

prehistory:
    help me ))

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    It looks like that mysql is not correctly started there. Check that it can be started and mysql server works fine.

3. MarkuzZ

MarkuzZ Guest

To be brutally honest, it would be faster, and more efficient to backup all your domain(s) data to another location, and reinstall your Linux distro.

After dealing with plesk for a couple of years, I've also decided to go with another solution, and i ran into the same issue.
    Plesk provides an " installer " they should also provide an " uninstaller "

And as you very well know, support is arse backwards, and documentation is much worse. The uninstall instructions are simplistic at best, and vague most of the time, and reflect their lack of enthusiasm towards information about files they change, settings they alter and the likes.. e.g.
    Code:
    modify the files in the directory /var/qmail/control appropriately.

Frankly, I don't understand How they get away with charging what they charge, for basically a web based front end to open-source software. It is beyond me. I could understand the prices on a windows machine (somewhat) but when they use all open-source software on a Linux machine, the price is just too much, not to mention the fact that unless you pay extra, your stuck with no anti-virus, no spam protection, and we aren't even getting started with the security holes in this thing.

Good luck, i hope you find a better platform.

-=[ Message will not be displayed, or will be deleted shortly, as Parallels doesn't approve of people forming opinions ]=-

4. CatalinS

CatalinS Basic Pleskian

40%
    Hello,

I have been working for some years now for a large webhosting company that provides Plesk as a default control panel for VPS. The problem is caused in most of the cases by customers, Plesk does not brake by itself. I am sure if you keep mysql running and correct privileges set while the upgrade is being done everything will work just fine.

If you wish to uninstall it can be simply done via rpm. Even if the database is damaged you can ignore the scriptlet failed errors as it cannot modify/remove the tables from the database or files that does not exist as they were not installed or manually removed (you should actually read the files created in /tmp to see the exact problem).

As a suggestion if all the files have been removed, drop the psa database, install the version of Plesk you previously had and use the psa backup file located in /var/lib/psa/dumps/mysql.preupgrade.dump.gz and overwrite the fresh database.

Cheers.