• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Can't Update Plesk Firewall

theywill

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.44 Update #1
The Plesk Firewall extension has stopped working for me. For a very, very long time I've had a set of firewall rules. Recently, I could not make a minor update to these rules. I searched based on the error messages which led me to a knowledge-base article indicating the Firewall extension needed to be removed and reinstalled. That seemed to go ok, but my custom rules that I've been using for years were lost.

I added back in part of those rules as a test and then received this error message when I tried to apply them.
Warning: The current configuration has not been activated. The system has been reverted to the previous configuration. This has occured because there were connection problems between your browser and the server. Most probably, the reason is that you have arranged the configuration so that connections from your computer to the server are prohibited.

BTW, occured is spelled "occurred".

Because of that error I tried running the script that is autogenerated from the rules via the command line. With this, I get the following error:

iptables-save v1.4.21: Cannot initialize: iptables who? (do you need to insmod?)

I ran a single iptables command and got this error.

[root@io ~]# /usr/sbin/iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 25 -s 72.34.96.0/19 -j DROP
iptables v1.4.21: can't initialize iptables table `filter': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?)
Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

I did Google some of these errors, but before I tried anything risky I wanted to see if there was a fix herein.

Thank you.

Best regards,
James

The Plesk Firewall extension has stopped working for me. For a very, very long time I've had a set of firewall rules. Recently, I could not make a minor update to these rules. I searched based on the error messages which led me to a knowledge-base article indicating the Firewall extension needed to be removed and reinstalled. That seemed to go ok, but my custom rules that I've been using for years were lost.

I added back in part of those rules as a test and then received this error message when I tried to apply them.

BTW, occured is spelled "occurred".

Because of that error I tried running the script that is autogenerated from the rules via the command line. With this, I get the following error:

iptables-save v1.4.21: Cannot initialize: iptables who? (do you need to insmod?)

I ran a single iptables command and got this error.

[root@io ~]# /usr/sbin/iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 25 -s 72.34.96.0/19 -j DROP
iptables v1.4.21: can't initialize iptables table `filter': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?)
Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

I did Google some of these errors, but before I tried anything risky I wanted to see if there was a fix herein.

Thank you.

Best regards,
James
I'm having this same/similar issue when attempting to Modify Plesk Firewall Rules:

'Firewall
Warning: The current configuration has not been activated. The system has been reverted to the previous configuration. This has occured because there were connection problems between your browser and the server. Most probably, the reason is that you have arranged the configuration so that connections from your computer to the server are prohibited.'

How do I get around this?

Thank you
Zach

Back