• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Can't upgrade pending "iptables" package update - Information on some packages might not be actual?

BernieG

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I have the following "iptables-services 1.4.21-34.el7 (base)" package that says I need to update in Plesk but each time I run the upgrade it continues to show under my "System Updates" page. I also notice the below message shows on top of this "System Updates" page.

Warning: Information on some packages might not be actual: inconsistencies were detected in the system's package manager database. Please resolve this issue manually.

Why isn't this package being updated properly? How can I debug this to see what is causing this issue?

Thank you!

Hi @IgorG

Ok, when I run "yum update" I see the following errors when "iptables" tries to update, please see screenshot image link below.
Thank you!

I went to the "/etc/sysconfig" directory and I see "iptables" listed, I then maybe tried to change permissions from 600 to 644 so it matches other ones in this list but I get a "Permission Denied" message, which is strange because I'm logged in as the "root" admin user.

I see many files with strange symbols in names. I would suggest you check that filesystem is not corrupted on this server. Also you can try to remove iptables-services package first with

# rpm -e iptables-services

Back