• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

case sensitivity bug in plesk postfix / mailman

PeterKi

Regular Pleskian
Since plesk 9 there seems to be a bug with postfix updates which breaks mailman list functionality.
Ever since I need to correct /etc/postix/master.cf after every update of plesk postfix as the line
mailman unix - n n - - pipe flags=Ru user=li...
gets replaced by
mailman unix - n n - - pipe flags=R user=li..

Explanation:
I have setup some lists with mailman under plesk9 and somewhere in the process there occurred a capitalization of the first letter of list names.
I don't know where the mismatch is buried but somewhere there exist entries like 'Listname' instead of 'listname'.
I see that the web Gui of mailman always show list names with capitalized first letters even though the real list name is all lower case so I suspect the mismatch originates in this area.
In most mailers mail addresses are case insensitive but not so with mailman and postfix unless you have the flags=Ru setting.
The error message I get if flags=Ru is not given is shown below.
Without flags=Ru it is not possible to send to [email protected] nor to [email protected]

It is a real nag that plesk updates always break my mailing list functionality.
Plesk updates should set flags=Ru as default or at least issue a notification about a changed master.cf

> <[email protected]>: Command died with status 1:
> "/usr/lib/plesk-9.0/postfix-mailman". Command output: post script, list not
> found: Listname
> Reporting-MTA: dns; ...
> X-Postfix-Queue-ID: EF00C185C1FD
> X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; [email protected]
> Arrival-Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 23:54:24 +0200 (CEST)
>
> Final-Recipient: rfc822; [email protected]
> Original-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected]
> Action: failed
> Status: 5.3.0
> Diagnostic-Code: x-unix; post script, list not found: Listname
> Return-Path: <[email protected]>
> X-No-Auth: unauthenticated sender
> Received-SPF: none (no valid SPF record)
> X-No-Relay: not in my network
> Received: from ...
> by ...
> for <[email protected]>; Thu, 11 Oct 2012 23:54:24 +0200 (CEST)
> Received: from ...
> by ...
> for <[email protected]>; Thu, 11 Oct 2012 23:53:59 +0200 (CEST)
> From: "Test User" <[email protected]>
> Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=Apple-Mail-6-170566548
> Subject: ...
> Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 23:53:57 +0200
> Message-Id: ...
> To: [email protected]
> Mime-Version: 1.0 (Apple Message framework v1085)
> X-Mailer: Apple Mail (2.1085)

@abdi:
If I click on the link that you supplied I get exactly to the forum where my post is in.
So is there another bug forum?

Back