• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

CBM OpenProvider API not provisioning domains

Ross K

Basic Pleskian
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
Parallels Plesk Panel w/CBM, v10.3.1, CentOS, 64-Bit

We are attempting to use OpenProvider for the automated provisioning of domains names through Parallels Plesk CBM. Currently, when a user attempts to signup for web hosting and a domain, the customer is presenting with an order confirmation and the transaction is successful. However, in the backend, the customer status shows as pending.

Further investigation seems to suggest that this is related to a problem with the domain provisioning.

When going to "Events", the module pbaregistrar:OpenProvider shows "Error". The interesting bit is that when manually running the event, the following error is displayed:

pbaregistrar: Cannnot establish a connection with the server: %host%.

When looking at the OpenProvider options in Registrar Modules, the URL of the API was:
http://www.openprovider.nl/incoming_custxml.php (per Plesk documentation)

Changing the URL to httpS and re-running the event resulting in the following error instead:

Unknown response status or invalid data

Grateful for any help in resolving this issue!

Hello, Ross

Please try to do the following:
1. Return http:// into API URL in registrar settings
2. Execute in shell this: tail –f /var/log/hspc/hspc.log
3. Restart the event - Events > Needed event > Run now
4. Grab (copy-past) existing log from console where ‘tail –f’ was executed and post it here

If you experience any issues, you can send me credentials to you server (web + ssh) via private message, I'll try to do the same on my own.

Hey Eugene,

Here's the output:

[root@hermes ~]# tail –f /var/log/hspc/hspc.log
tail: cannot open `–f' for reading: No such file or directory
==> /var/log/hspc/hspc.log <==
<body bgcolor="white">
<center><h1>301 Moved Permanently</h1></center>
<hr><center>nginx/0.8.54</center>
</body>
</html>
[undef]
[2011/10/17 16:26:46] [WARN] [19239] [HSPC::MT::plugin::DM::OpenProvider::_send_request] Error while sending data: 301, Moved Permanently [undef]
[2011/10/17 16:26:46] [WARN] [19239] [HSPC::MT::plugin::DM::OpenProvider::_send_request] Error while sending data: 301, Moved Permanently [undef]
[2011/10/17 16:26:46] [WARN] [19239] [HSPC::MT::plugin::DM::OpenProvider::_prepare_contacts] Cannnot establish a connection with the server: %host%. Please refer to the Action Log for details. [undef]
[2011/10/17 16:26:46] [WARN] [19239] [HSPC::MT::plugin::DM::OpenProvider::_prepare_contacts] Cannnot establish a connection with the server: %host%. Please refer to the Action Log for details. [undef]

I think that's what you were looking for? The 301 error looks like the API URL is perhaps no longer valid?

Last edited:
Hi, Ross

Yes, it appeared that API entry-point was changed.
Please try to change "Remote host" parameter to the following: "https://api.openprovider.eu"

Morning Eugene,

I've updated the URL, the domain provision is still failing. When looking at the "MBAPI Command Output", it shows the following error:

ProcessRegistrarCommand: Registrar Error pbaregistrar: Cannnot establish a connection with the server: %host%. Please refer to the Action Log for details.
ProcessRegistrarCommand: Unknown errors appeared while processing the "pbaregistrar" module

Hello, Ross

Please try to do the following:
1. Set correct URL in registrar settings
2. Execute in shell this: tail –f /var/log/hspc/hspc.log
3. Restart the event - Events > Needed event > Run now
4. Grab (copy-past) existing log from console where ‘tail –f’ was executed and post it here

Last edited:
Hi, Ross

I was able to log in to your server (you've PMed me credentials)
In registrar settings there was old URL, event was failed with the error you posted here

I changed registrar settings - put there correct URL
I restarted event for domain registration - event completed successfully, you can check this.

Ah that explains it! I woke up this morning to an email from the panel saying the domain provisioned at 5AM my time this morning! Not sure why the old URL was showing - I definitely updated it(!).

Again, thank you for all your help. It's been a pleasure working with you to get these bugs ironed out. I'd be happy to work with you in future to beta test any new features in the plesk panel.

Ross

Back