• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Centos 4.4 Upgrade to PHP/MySQL 5 - broken plesk

ashley

Basic Pleskian
Hi

Current System
Centos 4.4
PHP 4.3.9
MySQL 4.1.20
Plesk 8.0.1

Need to go to at least PHP 4.4.4

Problems ....

I added centosplus to yum and installed PHP 5.1.6-3. and MySQL 5.0.27 (said it wanted to do MySQL too). All fine except that when i try to log in to plesk, it gives me the configure screen you get when you first install plesk (enter hostname, ips, password). If i submit that page with the details, the first time it wouldnt because it had added about 50 spaces after hostname, Second time, i got wise, deleted spaces and submitted but it looped straight back saying Warning - fill in all the details. They were.

Added logging to php.ini (plesk one not server one) and get (possibly relevantly)..

[Wed Apr 18 20:50:05 2007] [error] PHP Warning: lmsg(en-US /messages_en-US .php) [<a href='function.lmsg'>function.lmsg</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3 on line 1401
[Wed Apr 18 20:50:05 2007] [error] PHP Fatal error: lmsg() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'en-US /messages_en-US .php' (include_path='/usr/local/psa/admin/plib:/usr/local/psa/admin/javascripts:/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/locales:/usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend:/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/phpMyAdmin:/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/phpPgAdmin') in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3 on line 1401

So ive downgraded and back to normal again.

So anyone know whats going on there, how to get php5 (alone or with mysql 5 - not bothered about mysql really - it just insisted i installed with php5 and i went along with it) working with 8.0.1. Im happy to upgrade plesk to 8.1x if it helps.

I did think about going over to atomic but after this initial time wasting exercise thought id check here before trying that in case i was to encounter same issues. Also couldnt see all the packages i needed there but could be i am lost in frustration and missing something.

Many thanks in advance for your replies :)

Cheers
Ashley

The version of php you use for hosting should have absolutely no effect on Plesk because it uses its own instance of httpd with its on php (php5 as it happens for Plesk 8.x).

The database is used by plesk though.

I think support for php5 was introduced in Plesk 8.1, not 8.0.1 so that might be your problem. I'm not 100% sure of it though.

Faris.

You can upgrade to php5... mysql5 messed all...

I've done this way:

rpm -e --nodeps php-domxml
yum --enablerepo=centosplus update php*
yum --enablerepo=centosplus install php-xml

Back