• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

CentOS 4.5 ia64 install advice please!

laughingbuddha

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

I was hoping to install CentOS 5 on my PowerEdge 3250, but because its an ia64 based system and CentOS 5 has no ia64 support as yet I can only install CentOS 4.5

Any advice and things I need to look out for?

Also, I have 2 x 73GB U320 hard drives but my SCSI controller has no harware RAID functions, only a software based RAID with no hot swap features which in my experience is not as good.

Would it be better to not use the RAID and instead opt for some kind of automated back up system to back up to the second drive?

Your help and advice as experinced users is welcome.

Matt :)

Even though nobody offered any help, I have found the following guide for a perfect server install of 4.5

http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_server_centos4.5

I will follow that guide up to the end of page 3 with the addition of modifications and recommendations from one of my previous threads regarding partitions and packages to install.

I thought I would post this just incase anyone else is having the same problems as me.

The install went fine on my ia64 based system (PowerEdge 3250). I had hoped for CentOS 5 ia64 release, but no such luck. I will just have to settle for CentOS 4.5 for now.

Matt

Back