• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk ia64 support

laughingbuddha

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

Does Plesk support ia64 based systems?

I have a PowerEdge 3250 with dual ia64 cpu's. I'm running CentOS 4.5 ia64 version, and now need to get Plesk on it some how.

Help! :(

Matt

I would do, but u can't.

Without changing the cpu's u can't put anything but the ia64 versions on. I tried. It sucks.

I'm going to sell it back on ebay, and the buy another.

Matt

Found a Viglen SX240-L 3GHz server with 6 drive bays and 1GB memory of memory. What do u think of Viglen servers?

Going to stick the PowerEdge 3250 on ebay in the next few days.

Matt

Not terribly inspiring when you visit their site

http://viglen.co.uk and see "no website configured at this address"

:p

Also once you finally do get into their site (you have to add a www. prefix for it to work properly) their site is hard to navigate to find what you want.

There are also not much in the way of information to be found on the machines, so not much info if people found them reliable etc.

Spec is:-

Viglen SX240-L
1 x Intel Xeon 3.0GHz (space for another)
1GB DDRAM ECC Memory
3 x 18.2GB HDD's 15K
Space for another 3 HDD's (Caddies are included)
PCI LSI Logic ULTRA 320 RAID Card
Onboard SATA Connectors
Onboard IDE Connectors
Motherboard Viglen VIG700P
CDRom & Floppy Drive
2 x Redundant PSU's
Chipset Intel E7320
2 x Gigabit Network Controllers
2 x USB connectors & 1 Serial Port
PS2 Keyboard and Mouse connectors

The other system I can get from the same seller:
HP Proliant DL360 G3 1U - 2 x 2.8GHz Xeon, 1GB Memory, 2 x 36GB U320 HDD's, 2 x Redundent PSU's, Smart Array Intergrated 5i (?)
Dell PowerEdge 2650 2U - 1 x 2.8GHz Xeon, 1GB Memory, Dell PCI 3/QC RAID, Up to 5 HDD's (non included), 2 x Redundent PSU's

The proliant seems like a better deal, even though it's a little more expensive at £399 compared with the Dell at £280 and the Viglen at £270. I would save money in the long run on my monthly hosting costs with the HP as it's 1u compared with the other 2 servers at 2u, but the saving is only around £30 at most per month.

Back