• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

CentOS 5.4 x86_64

quark

Basic Pleskian
I try to install Plesk 9.2.3 on clean install CentOS 5.4 and I get the following error:
Determining the packages that need to be installed.
Unhappy catched; try to resolve again.
The requested package "psa" could not be installed.
Searching problems for the "psa" package.
No suitable solutions were found for the "bind >= 9.2.1" dependency.
The "bind-30:9.3.4-10.P1.el5_3.3.x86_64" package resolves "bind >= 9.2.1".
Could not add package bind-libs-30:9.3.6-4.P1.el5.x86_64to the list of required packages.Problem occured during searching directly resolved dependencies for 'libbind9.so.0()(64bit)' of package bind-30:9.3.4-10.P1.el5_3.3.x86_64 ERROR: Unable to install the "psa-9.2.3-cos5.build92091016.19.x86_64" package.
Not all packages were installed.
Please, contact product technical support.

Help pls!

I had a problem similar to this whilst installing 9.2.2 on CentOS 5.3. Plesk seems to be _extremely_ picky about what versions of software it runs. You may already have bind installed with a higher version that Plesk is looking for. The only solution I found (that was practical) was to reinstall the OS as a minimal install (essentially core OS + ssh) and then install Plesk. Afterwards I added the components that I needed via yum.

I could be in for a nightmare when I upgrade, but for now this has me where I need to be.

hth...

I have a similar problem now with first Plesk installation on CentOS 5.3 (CentOS is clean and minimal installation)

21. [ ] <+> Additional language packs // 0 of 9 components selected
22. [ ] <+> Plesk webmails support // 0 of 2 components selected

N) Next page; P) Go back; Q) Cancel installing;
A) Select all; D) Deselect all;
Enter number to toggle the component or to overview the group;
Type a number or a character of desired action [N]: N
Retrieving information about the installed packages...
Downloading the file PSA_9.2.3/update-rpm-CentOS-5-i386/update-9.2.3-cos5-i386.hdr.gz: 10%..20%..30%..40%..50%..60%..70%..80%..90%..100% done.
Downloading the file PSA_9.2.3/dist-rpm-CentOS-5-i386/build-9.2.3-cos5-i386.hdr.gz: 10%..20%..30%..40%..50%..60%..70%..80%..90%..100% done.
Downloading the file PSA_9.2.3/thirdparty-rpm-CentOS-5-i386/thirdparty-9.2.3-cos5-i386.hdr.gz: 11%..20%..32%..40%..52%..61%..70%..82%..91%..100% done.
ERROR: Unable to install the "psa-9.2.3-cos5.build92091016.19.i586" package.
[root@LinuxPlesk9 temp]#

On the past a similar problem was with Bind default installation on CentOS, but now I have removed it before Plesk's installation.

I have done as wrote by pikos, but nothing changed

I don't understand the atomicturtle's suggestion ... I need to install Plesk before make upgrade.
I know your repository and are very very good for Plesk :) (thank you very much)

Regards

Well Staff IDS,
How are you doing the install? RPM-based, or via yum or another source. Have you made sure you have the correct architecture for your system? i586 is probably not the best choice for the majority of systems. Usually you would want to use i386/i686 or x86_64 (for 64-bit processors).

Resolved ...

- reinstalled CentOS and rebooted
- DON'T run the "yum update" (last installation I have run it)
- installed parallels_installer_v3.4.1_build090120.13_os_CentOS_5_i386
- installation completed successfully
- now run "yum update" and then rebooted

And now all works fine.

Regards

Well Staff IDS,
How are you doing the install? RPM-based, or via yum or another source. Have you made sure you have the correct architecture for your system? i586 is probably not the best choice for the majority of systems. Usually you would want to use i386/i686 or x86_64 (for 64-bit processors).

Hi LesB

I have used the Parallels Plesk Panel Autoinstaller:

CentOS 5.x
http://www.parallels.com/download/plesk9/#centos

Autoinstaller 4.9M
http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...taller_v3.5.0_build090817.16_os_CentOS_5_i386

Parallels Plesk Panel 9.2.3 for Linux/Unix 604M
http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PPP9/CentOS5/psa-9.2.3-cos5.build93091016.15.i586.rpm.tar.gz

Regards

Same bad experience installing Plesk 9.2.3 on CentOS 5.4 x64

Nothing worked, basic CenOS or not I was heating the sme error
then did thry this

wget -q -O - http://www.atomicorp.com/installers/atomic |sh

you can install plesk with:

yum install psa

again unsuccessfully

erros with key

so then i had to edit /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo

gpgcheck=1 replaced with gpgcheck=0

and enabled CenOs plus fo rany case
enabled=1

and did run this again:

wget -q -O - http://www.atomicorp.com/installers/atomic |sh

you can install plesk with:

yum install psa

Complete!

hello

I can not update the previus post so I will post in here again
after installation from atomic repo I coudn't manage to start plesk's auto updater from control panel
it was disabled, I did try to install it from RPM's from yum (with enabled atomic's repo) but no success
It was giving some error's liek can not read installed rpm packages or similar
In addiitonn installations of some rmp packages started frozing (on Dual core Xeon with 4 GB RAM No domains no services :) )

So I gived up and reinstallaed Server with Centor 5,4 x32

and used parallels_installer_v3.5.0_build090817.16_os_CentOS_5_i386
Then I've got an other error:

ERROR: Unable to install the "psa-mail-pc-driver-1.0.0-cos5.build92091016.19.i586" package.

then I did try to use
parallels_installer_v3.4.1_build090120.13_os_CentO S_5_i386

and finally installtion ws successfull

that can be fatal if some one has to pays for Os Reinstallation

It´s easy, you can run without any problem the yum update, but you need to run too yum install cyrus-sasl-md5 db4-utils bind

after install this 3 files, you can run fine the psa-autoinstaller, please verify.

Thanks

I did yum install bind and it's working perfectly now. Thanks!

Ive tried another install via yum and its gone thru and appears to have installed everything correctly however plesk refuses to load via the browser on its IP

can anyone explain what would be causing this as im at a loss

i can see any specific errors in the install log

Is Plesk running? As root, enter the command `service psa status`, without the `. You should see a line along the lines of 'sw-cp-serverd (pid xxxx) is running...'. If you don't see this, or if it says Plesk is not running, type `service psa start`. If Plesk isn't installed as a service, you can try `/etc/init.d/psa start`.

Are you specifying the port that Plesk is running on? It should be 8443.

If you are specifying the port and Plesk is running, have you checked the firewall configuration to ensure that you are not being blocked. Try the command `service iptables stop` without the ` and then try accessing the site. If this fails, and Plesk is running and you are specifying the port, you will need to do some Linux troubleshooting to determine where the potential issue is. I'd start with using `tcpdump` and going from there.

Good luck!

Back