• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Centos 7.5 rkhunter watchdog warnings

Topkat

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have a Centos 7.5 server running Plesk Onyx 17.8. I installed a program called watchdog which gave these warnings. How can I fix them? I’m tempted to switch server and do a fresh install of everything. But first I’d like some feedback from some of you experts out there. Are these warnings easily fixable?

[01:00:58] /usr/local/psa/etc/modules/watchdog/rkhunter.conf [ Warning ]
[01:00:58] Warning: Package manager verification has failed:
[01:00:58] File: /usr/local/psa/etc/modules/watchdog/rkhunter.conf
[01:00:58] The file hash value has changed
[01:00:58] The file size has changed
[01:00:58] The file modification time has changed

[01:01:37] Warning: The following suspicious shared memory segments have been found:
[01:01:37] Process: /usr/sbin/httpd PID: 4856 Owner: root
[01:01:37] Process: /usr/sbin/httpd PID: 4856 Owner: root

[01:01:37] Warning: Found enabled xinetd service: /etc/xinetd.d/ftp_psa
[01:01:37] Warning: Found enabled xinetd service: /etc/xinetd.d/poppassd_psa

[01:01:42] Checking for hidden files and directories [ Warning ]
[01:01:42] Warning: Hidden file found: /etc/.updated: ASCII text
[01:01:42] Warning: Hidden file found: /usr/share/man/man1/..1.gz: gzip compressed data, from Unix, max compression
[01:01:42] Warning: Hidden file found: /usr/share/man/man5/.k5login.5.gz: gzip compressed data, from Unix, max compression
[01:01:42] Warning: Hidden file found: /usr/share/man/man5/.k5identity.5.gz: gzip compressed data, from Unix, max compression

Thanks for replying. It looks like I can ignore these errors. I think that Plesk should update their software so we don't get these warnings with a default setup.

Thanks for replying. It looks like I can ignore these errors. I think that Plesk should update their software so we don't get these warnings with a default setup.
rkhunter is not Plesk software, it is third-party component used in Plesk. And warnings are not errors. They are just for your attention.

Back