• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Forwarded to devs [CentOS 7] After 17.5.3 -> 17.8.11 in-place upgrade the panel becomes unusable

burnley

Regular Pleskian
TITLE:
[CentOS 7] After 17.5.3 -> 17.8.11 in-place upgrade the panel becomes unusable
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update #57, CentOS 7.6.1810 (Core)
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
Right after upgrading , once I logged in and accepted the T & Cs, a new pop up keeps coming up, titled "Subscribe to our newsletters", with the following content:

"Would you like to receive security-related, technical and general product information from Plesk?
By clicking "Consent and subscribe" button, I consent and authorize Plesk to collect, process and use my personal data [...]"

Regardless of the option I choose - either "No thanks" or "Consent and subscribe" - the message "Could not save subscription status" gets displayed and the pop-up comes up again. Can't get rid of it and it renders the panel unusable.​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
Upgrade from 17.5.3 to 17.8.11​
ACTUAL RESULT:
Plesk Panel is unusable, "Subscribe to our newsletters" pop-up keeps being displayed.​
EXPECTED RESULT:
Plesk Panel is usable.​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Confirm bug

Update: logging out of the panel by forcing /logout.php3 and logging back in fixed the pop-up issue.

Hello @burnley,

I couldn't reproduce your issue on test environment. When i click one of the buttons i see a green confirmation message and this popup window isn't shown again after refresh of the page.
Untitledsubscribe.png
Looks like such issue will be very difficult to reproduce without a some details about errors in panel.log or browser console. Besides it has a simple solution (re-login), so i can't create a bug for now. Let's wait a possible another user with such issue with debug details.

Back