• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs [CentOS 7] After 17.5.3 -> 17.8.11 in-place upgrade the panel becomes unusable

burnley

Regular Pleskian
TITLE:
[CentOS 7] After 17.5.3 -> 17.8.11 in-place upgrade the panel becomes unusable
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update #57, CentOS 7.6.1810 (Core)
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
Right after upgrading , once I logged in and accepted the T & Cs, a new pop up keeps coming up, titled "Subscribe to our newsletters", with the following content:

"Would you like to receive security-related, technical and general product information from Plesk?
By clicking "Consent and subscribe" button, I consent and authorize Plesk to collect, process and use my personal data [...]"

Regardless of the option I choose - either "No thanks" or "Consent and subscribe" - the message "Could not save subscription status" gets displayed and the pop-up comes up again. Can't get rid of it and it renders the panel unusable.​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
Upgrade from 17.5.3 to 17.8.11​
ACTUAL RESULT:
Plesk Panel is unusable, "Subscribe to our newsletters" pop-up keeps being displayed.​
EXPECTED RESULT:
Plesk Panel is usable.​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Confirm bug

Update: logging out of the panel by forcing /logout.php3 and logging back in fixed the pop-up issue.

Hello @burnley,

I couldn't reproduce your issue on test environment. When i click one of the buttons i see a green confirmation message and this popup window isn't shown again after refresh of the page.
Untitledsubscribe.png
Looks like such issue will be very difficult to reproduce without a some details about errors in panel.log or browser console. Besides it has a simple solution (re-login), so i can't create a bug for now. Let's wait a possible another user with such issue with debug details.

Back