• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Centos 7 Support not complete ip add in webinterface exited with non-zero status 127

isp4p

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

seems the centos 7 support is not yet fully full.

Error: ifmng failed: sh: /sbin/ifconfig: No such file or directory /sbin/ifconfig 'eth0:1' '1.2.3.4' netmask '255.255.255.0' up exited with non-zero status 127

In Plesk 12.0.18 Update #14 when adding an IP with the Plesk Webinterface.

Greetings
Oliver

Hi,

error aswell, due to forum limitation ( max. 10000 chars while error in xml format has 55k ) i reduced the error dump. How to get ips into plesk 12 with centos 7 ? I assume reread existing ips should work. Would be very nice if you could fix this issue very very soon.

Here the error:

/usr/local/psa/bin/ipmanage -c 1.2.3.4 -mask 255.255.255.0 -type shared -interface eth0
[2014-08-27 16:22:28] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed
Curl failed: SSL connect error
[2014-08-27 16:22:28] ERR [panel] Step failed 'applyCreateIP'. ifmng failed: sh: /sbin/ifconfig: No such file or directory
/sbin/ifconfig 'eth0:1' '1.2.3.4' netmask '255.255.255.0' up exited with non-zero status 127

=== Trace ===
#0 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Service/Driver/Ip/Plesk.php(62): Service_Agent->exe cAndGetResponse('ifmng', Array)
#1 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Service/Driver/Ip/Plesk.php(16): Service_Driver_Ip_ Plesk->_callIfMng(Array)
#2 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/IPAddress.php(289): Service_Driver_Ip_Plesk->addIpA ddress('1.2.3.4', '255.255.255.0', 'eth0')
#3 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/IPAddress.php(235): IPAddress->createInSystem()
#4 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Commands/CreateIPAddress.php(39): IPAddress->update ()
#5 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Transactional.php(210): CreateIPAddress->applyCreat eIP()
#6 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Transactional.php(139): Transactional->apply()
#7 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Commands/CreateIPAddress.php(221): Transactional->e xecute()
#8 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-common/cuIPManage.php(326): CreateIPAddress->cr eate('1.2.3.4/2...', 'eth0', 'shared', '1', 0, false, Object(Db_Table_Row_ ServiceNode_ManagementNode), NULL)
#9 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-common/cuIPManage.php(175): cuIPManage->_create ('1.2.3.4')
#10 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-common/AbstractCuExecutor.php(55): cuIPManage- >__construct(NULL)
#11 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-common/CuExecutor.php(32): AbstractCuExecutor- >_execUtil('cuIPManage', NULL)
#12 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/CliUtilityRunner.php(23): CuExecutor->run( )
#13 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/CliUtilityRunner.php(61): CliUtilityRunner ->run()
#14 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/ipmanage.php(4): require_once('/usr/local/ psa/...')
#15 {main}
=== Dump ===
CreateIPAddress Object
(
[ipAddress:protected] => IPAddress Object
(
[status:protected] =>
[repairAllowed:protected] =>
[attr] => Array
(
[id] => 0
[ip_address] => 1.2.3.4
[mask] => 255.255.255.0
[iface] => eth0
[ssl_certificate_id] => 1
[default_domain_id] => 0
[ftps] => false
[serviceNodeId] => 1
[public_ip_address] =>
[main] => false
)
[....]
Curl failed: SSL connect error
ifmng failed: sh: /sbin/ifconfig: No such file or directory
/sbin/ifconfig 'eth0:1' '1.2.3.4' netmask '255.255.255.0' up exited with non-zero status 127

Greetings
Oliver

But do you really have /sbin/ifconfig on this server?

Hi,

of course not, its Centos 7.

In Centos 7 ifconfig is depricated and has been removed.

It was replaced by the command ip.

Greetings
Oliver

Hi,

we are not talking about that ifconfig can not be installed optionally.

I am talking about that ifconfig is deprecated ( for Redhat ) and has been replaced by ip from the Redhat Team in Version 7.

https://access.redhat.com/documenta...se_Linux-7-Migration_Planning_Guide-en-US.pdf

Page 20 ( 3.4.7 )

------------

After i installed ifconfig its working fine.

I just wanted to report this to you and give this information to other plesk users.

Greetings
Oliver

Greetings
Oliver

Hi,

but now i think we have here a real bug.

The IP Adresses are successfully added to the plesk database.

But the configfiles in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts are not correctly generated > IF < the IP's are not active.

Means:

/usr/local/psa/bin/ipmanage -c 1.2.3.4 -mask 255.255.255.0 -type shared -interface eth0

added

ifcfg-eth0:1 in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts in a correct way.

and it ifup the eth0:1

Now i ifconfig eth0:1 down the IP.

If i add now another IP

/usr/local/psa/bin/ipmanage -c 1.2.3.5 -mask 255.255.255.0 -type shared -interface eth0

the ifcfg-eth0:1 in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts get overwritten with the 1.2.3.5

That should not be the case.

So i added to my system 20 IPs, and because its a migration, of course i took down the ips immidiatelly because they are still in use on the productive machine.

And plesk added all 20 IPs to the plesk database. But only ONE eth0:1 is existing, with the content of the last IP i added.

Greetings
Oliver

Back